January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose there is no hurry on Sidibe.
I am not really overly fussed by Sidibe. Not sure that he is good enough defensively, and don't think much of him going forward. He's ok, and in the current transfer market £14 million probably sounds a decent price deal for the buyer.

However, I think he might be the type of lad who needs to settle down over a season and feel at ease. New country, different languages, 2nd new long term coach, etc, means it can't be easy for him to perform to his best, especially with our woes throughout the squad.

I'd like to see how he plays under a sustained run under Ancelotti before the decision is made on him. There really is no hurry on the decision is there? AC Milan be damned - they're currently midtable and Evertoning it up in Italy. We should be able to compete with them over any player if we wanted to.

Have been watching a few French games of late, watching Toulouse the other night get beaten by 5 - 0, 4 of the goals came from mistakes by Sangare, who was immense last year.

Every game I have watched this year he has been terrible, hopefully we don’t take interest in him any further.

only 22 I know in a poor team, but he makes them worse!

I am not really overly fussed by Sidibe. Not sure that he is good enough defensively, and don't think much of him going forward. He's ok, and in the current transfer market £14 million probably sounds a decent price deal for the buyer.

However, I think he might be the type of lad who needs to settle down over a season and feel at ease. New country, different languages, 2nd new long term coach, etc, means it can't be easy for him to perform to his best, especially with our woes throughout the squad.

I'd like to see how he plays under a sustained run under Ancelotti before the decision is made on him. There really is no hurry on the decision is there? AC Milan be damned - they're currently midtable and Evertoning it up in Italy. We should be able to compete with them over any player if we wanted to.

The biggest question at RB is Kenny. Is he now up to the prem? Could save a fortune.

....more than half-way through the window, here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for Thursday 16th January;

- Le10 Sport report AC Milan are interested in signing Djibril Sidebe. The 27 year old is on loan at Everton from Monaco and the Toffees have a £14m buy-out option. It’s said the Frenchman’s representatives met with the Italian giants last month.

- Everton are one of 3 Premier League clubs considering a move for midfielder, Nabil Bentaleb. Foot Mercato say the former Spurs midfielder has fallen out of favour at Schalke and has no future in Gelsenkirchen.

- Gazetto Dello Sport suggest Carlo Ancelotti wants Hellas Verona centre-back Marash Kambulla, despite the 19 year old Albanian agreeing a ‘deal in principle’ to join Inter Milan for €12m in the summer.

- Everton, Spurs and Arsenal are also rumoured to be keen on 28 year old Getafe centre-back, Djene. The Togo international is available for £22m.

- According to Gazetta Dello Sport, Roma are only prepared to sell winger Cenzig Under in the summer, despite interest in the 22 year this month from Everton and Spurs.

- Despite links to Everton, FC Inter News report Inter Milan have so far received no offers for South American midfielder Matias Vecino who is available for €20m.

- The Mail continues to suggest Jonjoe Kenny could be on his way out of Goodison on a permanent deal this month. The 22 year old is impressing on loan as an ever-present for Schalke. Brands is also looking for deals to off-load Oumar Niasse and Cuco Martina.
Inter Milan signing everyone by the sounds of it!!
Like the links to a young upcoming CB who could be a hidden gem for a small price. Lower risk and wages

I’d take Barkley back tomorrow without a second thought. He’s twice the player any of our current playing midfield are... that alone swings it for me.

Wouldn't be worth the wages he earns these days

He also hasn't improved as a player - still just as frustrating. He isn't a terrible player, but there's much better value out there than Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.