January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reports West Ham want Barkley on loan, would you have him back here? If it meant him coming back and Sigs leaving I would be up for that.
But there are also players who are twice the player he is.

Why not get someone who is four times the player of any of our current midfield instead of settling for twice as good?
And my answer was in response to the above specifically mentioning Barkley to be fair

Not arsed if he's a rat if he helps us win matches .... And we shall have to disagree on his ability, he's better than anybody we have fit at the moment in our midfield.
Sod Carlos wish list of signing then, just sign an average snake.

Wouldn't be worth the wages he earns these days

He also hasn't improved as a player - still just as frustrating. He isn't a terrible player, but there's much better value out there than Barkley

He seems to have gone from a goalscoring midfielder to a deep lying mid and it doesn't suit his game in my opinion. He's a beast running with the ball, he doesn't do it enough anymore.

We as a club are struggling to meet FFP targets and here's a player, a"blue", who cost us £20 million in transfer fee's alone, never mind the untold wages we slashed up the wall, getting him fit for Chelsea, while grudgingly accepting a knock down fee, because he was purposely running down his contract.
Yet some of our fans still idolize him and want him back. Yeah let's pay him some more wages for sitting on his backside, so he can put all that weight back on that he lost for Chelsea. Also I would be absolutely amazed if he said yes to Everton, that's an awful lot of pride to swallow for him to take a backward step, I would never boo an Everton player and still wouldn't if he came back, but I wouldn't cheer him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.