January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
January’s Target List:

I rank the players based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. 1 player at each position listed is needed (maybe 2 at CM/CDM) in order to break through into European competition, over the next 2 windows.

List will be left as a spoiler to prevent wasting time of those who don’t care for it. That being said don’t read it and moan about too much FIFA. It’s purely a thought provoking post to build conversation on.
(Disclaimer: Values are a combination of values from Transfermarkt, news articles, and personal opinion. High probability of them being wrong.)
CB:
  1. Alex Kral - Slavia Praha - £20m
  2. Willi Orban - Leipzig - £25m
  3. Victor Cuesta - SC Internacional - £15m
CM:
  2. Dominik Szoboszlai - RB Salzburg - £40m
  3. Emiliano Buendia - Norwich - £20m

CDM:
  2. Boubakary Soumare - Lille - £40m
  3. Sandro Tonali - Brescia - £40m
  4. Boubacar Kamara - Marseille - £25m
  5. Sander Berge - Genk - £15.5m
  6. Erick Pulgar - Fiorentina - £25m
RW:
  1. Milot Rashica - Werder Bremen - £25m
  2. Ziyech - Ajax - £35m

To be honest I haven't got a clue who I'd sign anymore; can't work out what sort of setup Carlo wants. I like Gomes & Gbamin pairing.

If we want a little baller though? Mo Ihattaren every day.

I think Brands spoke about him hasnt he? Surprised weve not been in the media going for him and Bergwijn.

January’s Target List:

I rank the players based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. 1 player at each position listed is needed (maybe 2 at CM/CDM) in order to break through into European competition, over the next 2 windows.

List will be left as a spoiler to prevent wasting time of those who don’t care for it. That being said don’t read it and moan about too much FIFA. It’s purely a thought provoking post to build conversation on.
(Disclaimer: Values are a combination of values from Transfermarkt, news articles, and personal opinion. High probability of them being wrong.)
CB:
  2. Willi Orban - Leipzig - £25m
  3. Victor Cuesta - SC Internacional - £15m
CM:
  2. Dominik Szoboszlai - RB Salzburg - £40m
  3. Emiliano Buendia - Norwich - £20m

CDM:
  2. Boubakary Soumare - Lille - £40m
  3. Sandro Tonali - Brescia - £40m
  4. Boubacar Kamara - Marseille - £25m
  5. Sander Berge - Genk - £15.5m
  6. Erick Pulgar - Fiorentina - £25m
RW:
  1. Milot Rashica - Werder Bremen - £25m
  2. Ziyech - Ajax - £35m

Soumare and Tonali are the only 2 id take there

I really don't understand if we close out the window without getting a CM in. It's not even painfully obvious it's the most glaring hole in our team. There has GOT to be a player better than what we have that would come on a loan. Like Rabiot or something.

And I thought Soumare was in last 6 months of contract, why hasn't he signed a pre or something?

De La Cruz? His fee seems to be £26mil approx which would qualify him due to the fee...

Bernard Silva is 5'8n David Silva is 5'7 and De La Cruz 5'6....Bernard is 5'5 :)

I thought Palacios at River was meant to be the future star player (think hes gone to Leverkusen) but this guy seems to be getting all the plaudits...

Thoughts @argietoffee @Argentina Racing ?

interesting player: fast, good with the ball and a decent long-range shooter, but a bit inconsistent tho

I hope we don't sign anyone on a permanent this window. I'd be happy enough with a loan for a centre mid and/or a centre half. Carlo's got us picking up points, we're not going to get relegated and we're not going to get CL footie, so why risk overpaying for the handful of players available in this window? Look to move more deadwood out in the summer and properly line up the four or five players we definitely need.
WTF!!!

.....a much welcome and much needed 3 points should give us all a lift this weekend, but there’s very little ‘new’ transfer gossip this Sunday morning. Here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for Sunday 12th January;

- According to SportsLens, Carlo Ancelotti is keen to sign Napoli goalkeeper, Alex Meret. The Toffees boss is reportedly unhappy with Jordan Pickford and would like the 22 year old who joined from Udinese in 2018 for £30m.

- Newcastle Chronicle report Everton are admirers of Newcastle‘s 22 year old keeper, Freddie Woodman who is currently on loan at Swansea City.

- Ipswich General Manager, Lee O’Neil, says 19 year old Everton defender Lewis Gibson is a player they want, but isn’t available on loan at the current time.

- The Liverpool Echo picks up on yesterday’s rumours linking Everton with a move for Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino, although it says the Uruguayan prefers a move to Spurs. The article also says the Toffees are in talks with Gremio forward, Everton Soares.

- The Mirror reports Tottenham are set to beat West Ham to the signature of Benfica midfielder, Gedson Fernandes, who has also been linked to Everton. The 21 year old will sign an 18 month loan deal.

Last edited:
.....a much welcome and much needed 3 points should give us all a lift this weekend, but there’s very little ‘new’ transfer gossip this Sunday morning. Here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for Sunday 12th January;

- According to SportsLens, Carlo Ancelotti is keen to sign Napoli goalkeeper, Alex Meret. The Toffees boss is reportedly unhappy with Jordan Pickford and would like the 22 year old who joined from Udinese in 2018 for £30m.

- Newcastle Chronicle report Everton are admirers of Newcastle‘s 22 year old keeper, Freddie Woodman who is currently on loan at Swansea City.

- Ipswich General Manager, Lee O’Neil, says 19 year old Everton defender Lewis Gibson is a player they want, but isn’t available on loan at the current time.

- The Liverpool Echo picks up on yesterday’s rumours linking Everton with a move for Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino, although it says the Uruguayan prefers a move to Spurs. The article also says the Toffees are in talks with Gremio forward, Everton Soares.

- The Mirror reports Tottenham are set to beat West Ham to the signature of Benfica midfielder, Gedson Fernandes, who has also been linked to Everton. The 21 year old will sign an 18 month loan deal.

How on earth isn’t Gibson available on loan? Nowhere near our first team squad.

I hope we don't sign anyone on a permanent this window. I'd be happy enough with a loan for a centre mid and/or a centre half. Carlo's got us picking up points, we're not going to get relegated and we're not going to get CL footie, so why risk overpaying for the handful of players available in this window? Look to move more deadwood out in the summer and properly line up the four or five players we definitely need.

We've signed some bad ones in January, like Niasse and Bolasie, so I get where you're coming from. But if there is an opportunity to get a player to improve the first 11 (not just a squad player) I think we should go for it. Currently we are 3 points of 7th and 4 points off 6th. With one or two players we could be in those European places.

....to me, that means he’s not signed a new contract. I read that the loan deal was dependent on Gibson signing a new contract with us as his current one expires in summer.

Unless that situation changes, i assume he’s looking at a lucrative move.

Shame isn’t it. I’d say give him some game time once we’re out of danger. 5 to 10 games is enough to convince him surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.