January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgetting the cleared debt and taking Walsh from the champions.

And it's clear there are things happening on the stadium front.

I'm cautiously optimistic. If we don't get signings, it won't be cos the money ain't there.

....of course, the debt is a real positive as well. As I say, I'm positive but it'll be good to see a formal announcement on the stadium but more immediately a really busy transfer window.

T
....of course, the debt is a real positive as well. As I say, I'm positive but it'll be good to see a formal announcement on the stadium but more immediately a really busy transfer window.
I think if we don't have a busy and productive window after the manager has stated we need a couple or three players i think even the die hard mosh fans will being towonder and I include koeman in that.

I think there is definitely money there for signings, surely Walsh and Koeman have been promised funds to bolster squad.

The first victim of war/transfer windows, is the truth.
The second victim is sanity.
We can only hope that by the end of it, we emerge with a sense of victory and accomplishment.
Unlike the last, utter shambolic battle to attract any worth while game changers (with the exception of Gana).
This window has to produce more than just maybes and almosts.

I believe that we have nothing to spend unless we sell

I think Del and a couple of others will leave to allow us to sign 1-2 new players

I thought the same in the summer and it turned out I was right, I would love to be wrong but there's nothing to suggest we are going on a spending spree
I'm not as pessimistic as you, given the revelation about the £80m loan, but the signs are not looking great.
Contracts extensions for 2 old players, one of whom will be 37 and still contracted, suggests we don't have money to replace them.
Leaked story to the Echo suggesting we've cooled on Gabbiadini could be forestalling questions if he's sold to someone else.
Del being pushed out.
Stories about, and manager's attitude to, Barks suggest he's available for the right price.
Lu still hasn't signed.
Even after the summer window debacle we seem to not yet have bid for Morgan unlike the mighty WBA. Perhaps we expected to sell Mcca but that's been hamstrung.
Desperately hope I'm wrong and we spend £60m+ net but I predict now, on the 1st of Jan, we'll buy Lookman, we won't buy Depay and we won't buy any £20m+ player unless we make a major sale i.e. Macca or Barks.

I'm not as pessimistic as you,

but I predict now, on the 1st of Jan, we'll buy Lookman, we won't buy Depay and we won't buy any £20m+ player unless we make a major sale i.e. Macca or Barks.

giphy.gif

I'm not as pessimistic as you, given the revelation about the £80m loan, but the signs are not looking great.
Contracts extensions for 2 old players, one of whom will be 37 and still contracted, suggests we don't have money to replace them.
Leaked story to the Echo suggesting we've cooled on Gabbiadini could be forestalling questions if he's sold to someone else.
Del being pushed out.
Stories about, and manager's attitude to, Barks suggest he's available for the right price.
Lu still hasn't signed.
Even after the summer window debacle we seem to not yet have bid for Morgan unlike the mighty WBA. Perhaps we expected to sell Mcca but that's been hamstrung.
Desperately hope I'm wrong and we spend £60m+ net but I predict now, on the 1st of Jan, we'll buy Lookman, we won't buy Depay and we won't buy any £20m+ player unless we make a major sale i.e. Macca or Barks.

Pretty much nails it that mate

Worrying times

....I'm remaining optimistic but other than the Koeman appointment it has been more words than action. This window will give us more of a true indication.
Absolutely true, but what sum of money will it take to satisfy the boo boys? We took Koeman, Walsh, we have taken the first positive steps on the stadium front. I don't know how easy it is to throw bids around on players you have no chance of signing (Sissoko anyone), but I'd imagine footballing people like Koeman and Walsh would've walked if that were the case. Some people just prefer to keep knocking us, even when there's no evidence to support their view and everything points in the opposite direction. They are the type who boo players (when and if they ever go to the game), you get the sense they will never be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.