January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you add in the Gana fee that's approx an £80m spend. Williams was a direct replacement for Stones so that means RK has already pretty much been given £70m to improve the team in the few months he's been here.
Moyes and Martinez will be turning in their graves.

Not really mate, we didn't pay anywhere near that much up front for most of those, bolasie 22m, lookman 7.5m, so more like 70m spent really.

My hunch is that we're targeting another 3 players. If we manage another two, I'll be made up.

Striker : we've not yet given up on Belfodil - or so say the Echo, and their story does seem to explain the facts. We're waiting to see if this is still on before we move on to other targets.

Central defender : the fact that Jagielka's been dropped, and that the club's not tried to scotch the rumours that he might be leaving, gives credence to the idea that we're trying to bring someone in. Assuming that we were interested in VVD, hopefully we've now accepted that this is not possible this window, and almost certainly not in the summer either. Kostas Manolas, anyone ?

Winger : given Bolasie's injury, and the fact that our other wingers are struggling to find form and create chances, it would be strange if we weren't looking at what's out there. And in fact we know that Depay was previously a target, so it's reasonable to assume that we want someone who can play in different forward positions.

Bailey and VVD ( plus that city defender).

:)

Some conflict between SW and RK is inevitable, it's even healthy as long as both men respect the other and maintain professionalism.
They are paid well enough and there shouldn't be an issue unless one or both men use the press for their own purposes.
We would be poorer if there was no questioning of opinion and constant groupthink. I hope we have left that era behind.

Yes thats a fair post. I do wonder if thats what some of the Schneiderlin issue was, that Koeman maybe wanted him more than Walsh ad there was an issue over the fee?

As people have said though, as long as both are profesional there needs to be tension. I can think of one or two signings towards the end of Matinezx we could have done with either Walsh questioning the fee or Koeman questioning the ability. If Koeman doesn't fancy Belfodil and won't play him there's no point signing him.

For me Walsh's job is to bring as many players to Koeman, within our budget as we can get, and hope Koeman agrees on them.

Arsenal & Atletico Madrid among the sides in talks with Rachid Ghezzal’s entourage

A host of European sides are in regular contact with Rachid Ghezzal’s entourage about a possible free transfer at the end of the season when the Lyon man’s current deal expires.

Arsenal, Everton, Atletico Madrid, Valencia and AC Milan are all in discussions of a varying nature in terms of formality about bringing the player to their respective clubs in summer.

One Ligue 1 side has also entered the ring, by the name of AS Monaco, according to Foot Mercato. Talks are ongoing between Ghezzal’s entourage and Monaco, with the player apparently interested in the Principality side and what they have to offer.

More undoubtedly to follow in the coming days.

Chatter.
He wants CL football and has already turned us down in the summer... Oh well

IMG_3891.JPG
One more BIG in.....

If VVD is a no go, think we could push for Manolas again, might be slightly cheaper and similar potential. Be interesting to see if any new wingers arise over the next week or so....

Status
Not open for further replies.