January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku back on a price cut deal. Type of forward needed. Would score loads of goals with the current attacking options available. (Not realistic I know)

In all seriousness, a strong, pacey forward, that can shoot, would be nice.

Honestly don't think I would want him and that sounds mad given how many goals he scored. I just think he has regressed as a player, looks a bit heavy and might not be mobile enough.

For what he would cost I would go Lozano or similar. Pace and energy is key.

..I think Suarez was a January signing. Regardless, there will be top class strikers out there who are not yet known as that. If the time is right, they could become available.

I agree, it’s unlikely we will buy a forward but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if Brands has one lined up. Remember, some South American leagues finish in December.

The top class striker move was Torres. Just that he failed and they took a chance on Carroll and Suarez with the funds.

Suarez was a huge (controversial) success sadly.

As much about finding a player who suits the club ethos and team set up as just a talented player.

Brands will be already negotiating deals.
Excited to see what materialises.

It sounds so easy. Have you got experience at the top level of football mate?
All those windows when we didn’t sign anyone and it was this easy.
FFS.
And here I was thinking I was keeping me posts as brief as possible:blush:
Must be trying to give Catcher and Toff a run for their money.

Played and coached but not at the top level.

We'd be lucky to get one of em...who knows

I hate politics and sport crossing over but surely Brexit will have an effect on the league? Re: players from overseas.

I was reading on the BBC website not long ago that the FA is planning to reduce the limit of foreign players from 17 to 12 per team, which would not only increase the transfer value of decent English players further, but limit the chances of signing foreign 'gems'.

I daresay clubs won't want to splash cash in January only to find out they can't field the player come next August.

I doff my cap on the Suarez front ... but a top class striker who is not known as one yet .... isn’t a top class striker he is a hidden gem .... and of course if there is one I agree Brands could well gave one lined up.
My comment was aimed at “The Names “ I still very much doubt any of those would be moving in the middle of the season .... Suarez type moves are rare

Suarez was a top player at Ajax. I told some RS lads i know and (surprise surprise) they had never heard of him...they thought Carroll would be their star player lol

South American leagues will be over in December...so Jan is the time to strike.

Am I alone in not wanting us to sign anyone in January? Obviously, if a top striker became available and would realistically come here then I would want that to happen but I don't see that happening. Otherwise, a period of stability in an improving squad with competition for places in most positions would be a good thing, in my opinion. Keep the checkbook locked up until summer, Mr Moshiri!
If we don't buy in Jan I dont think it's a major worry, a striker would be nice or maybe a RB as a long term replacement fpr Coleman, but if we don't get anyone I wouldn't be to bothered.
What I don't want us to do is blow money Walsh style for the sake of it.

Absolutley, the forward position is to important, its the hardest thing to buy though, its an absolute king maker.

The money is pretty simple, either Moshiri has sugar daddied us again or we are operating with external debt, i also suspect some clever accounting went on too, namely we have borrowed on future transfer funds, perhaps even a combo of all these. Either way there will be rights issue come putting a spade in the ground for the new ground and it will all be turned into equity.

Brands and Silva look a good, combo, id credit Silva a lot with some of the input of the signings prob more then he gets. Id like to see Brands pick a couple of younger players if im honest, an obscure Stones or a Lozano. To be fair to him hes barely had his feet under the table. He was in the media again last week, that would be my one criticism, not a personal fan of that, but others love it, so you cant please everyone.

Mate the media stuff is part of a good Dof job remit, Walsh was noticeably not doing this.

New pirlo...

For a start he’s passed his 18 th birthday so I’d have thought he’s too old for you Zat
Secondly IF he becomes available we will be way down the list of clubs he would join
Thirdly he will cost a fortune
Fourthly he plays in positions that are not a priority for us
Fifthly I thought it was Coleman and Walcott you wanted replaced
IMHO striker is the most pressing need at the moment followed by RW
If we don’t sign Gomes on a permanent in the summer we will need someone of Tonalis quality but older and more experienced

I'll be just as excited to see players leaving this January as I would any arriving. Schneiderlin to Monaco would make sense for all concerned, particularly if it coincided with us securing Gomes permanently. The departures of Williams, Garbutt, Martina and Bolasie would all be welcomed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.