January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol .... ok
I repeat
There will be no top class striker sold in January
You can delude yourself all you like

..I think Suarez was a January signing. Regardless, there will be top class strikers out there who are not yet known as that. If the time is right, they could become available.

I agree, it’s unlikely we will buy a forward but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if Brands has one lined up. Remember, some South American leagues finish in December.

I am going to say YES

IMG_1123.JPG

It's that time of year again

Am I alone in not wanting us to sign anyone in January? Obviously, if a top striker became available and would realistically come here then I would want that to happen but I don't see that happening. Otherwise, a period of stability in an improving squad with competition for places in most positions would be a good thing, in my opinion. Keep the checkbook locked up until summer, Mr Moshiri!
It depends on how ambitious/determined they are to go for 6th spot this season.

You have to factor in injuries.
While Zuma, Lookman, Kenny and Davies are all ready to come in, a few injuries could derail any chance of European football.

On the other hand, its dependent on getting in the right player(s). I cant see Brands chasing anyone in the hope plugging gaps. Better to pillage the youth team than end back up with the mess they're only starting to get out of.
Patience and get it done proper, Like.

How many clubs have come a cropper trying to chase European football, when they weren't ready to do so.

We still have a shot at it all the same, more so if we get x sth american in jan.

And there's nothing wrong with arguing over who the right-realistic players are.
I'd be going for Lozano, Wesley, Danjuma, Barrios and a top class striker. Probably only the RW is a chance in Jan.

Might be worth to see if we could loan Malcom, we were obviously interested in him before the move to Roma Barca, He hasn't really settled in or worked out so far and we seem to have a pretty good relationship with them. Be handy to have on the RW

Don't think it matters who people want or would like in January and beyond anymore. Brands and the team will have players they would like and we probably won't have a clue who they are until a there's a few leaks a few days before. Hopefully they can get the players they think we need and can afford and going by their very short track record so far I'm all for waiting and hoping they succeed.
If we end up with nobody then the other aim is to get the dross off the wages who have been having a very easy time picking up overpaid wages over the last few years. Playing one good or half decent game in ten is certainly no longer good enough for this team now and those who are out on loan have for the most part shown the blue shirt is far beyond them now.

..I think Suarez was a January signing. Regardless, there will be top class strikers out there who are not yet known as that. If the time is right, they could become available.

I agree, it’s unlikely we will buy a forward but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if Brands has one lined up. Remember, some South American leagues finish in December.
You know what else finishes in December? MLS. Altidore is on.

Seriously though signing players from those leagues is real dicey. Josef Martinez just scored 31 goals and he was utterly crap in Italy. You're talking about a lower standard and it's hard to judge who can actually step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.