January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But with Barca supposedly struggling financially they are going to want their money back on him
They basically spunked most of the Neymar money and got it badly wrong

Can’t be that bad selling digne for cheap and refusing to even talk about selling an injured , unwanted player permanently

I see on the BBC sport website that Dani Alves wants to play in the Premier League before he retires.
Would you take him with a view to back up / replacing Seamus?
I think short term he would be ok, but it would ruin the loyalty of Coleman if he was replaced by him.
great question. Any player if they can be improved on and fit into the overall long term strategy of the club should be considered. RB is not a big problem at the moment, but Coleman will need replacing within a couple of seasons (or at least see a long term option come in) with a view to at least a 5 years playing duration, which is why Alves is a no go for me as he must be well into his 30s now.

Can’t be that bad selling digne for cheap and refusing to even talk about selling an injured , unwanted player permanently
Digne wasn’t a first team player and We wouldn’t meet Barca’s valuation for Gomes
Barca wanted to sell him and as I recall Brands said as much

Last edited:
I just like a big strong brute in the middle like him or that Zakaria.
Willian Jose has decent size, is quite good in the air, but has solid foot skills as well. He's probably a better fit than Cenk and an upgrade, just not sure how much of one.

I see on the BBC sport website that Dani Alves wants to play in the Premier League before he retires.
Would you take him with a view to back up / replacing Seamus?
I think short term he would be ok, but it would ruin the loyalty of Coleman if he was replaced by him.

you think dani alves will come to everton to be a back up? LOL

would be a weird replacement for coleman given his age ( must be about 35 now )

he would probably be on about 200k a week

was unreal back in the day though so im game

you think dani alves will come to everton to be a back up? LOL

would be a weird replacement for coleman given his age ( must be about 35 now )

he would probably be on about 200k a week

was unreal back in the day though so im game
Probably worded it incorrectly to be fair.
Would you take Alves to replace Seamus albeit short term as you are not likely to get long out of him as he is 34 / 35?
I wouldn't personally, but as you say, what a player he has been.

Quite prudent if not overly exciting. I would like to think that we have identified a few new recruits and if they were available for the right price and weren't expected to disrupt the current team too much, that they might pull the trigger and get them in.

Someone (obviously much wiser than me) before summer said about giving the current set up 4 transfer windows before being able to judge their performance in getting a squad together. I would actually put the 1st team as being ahead of were I could possibly expect it after 2 transfer windows, so a free hit for me for Brands and Silva to steady the ship and jettison the ballast.

Still - get in a superstar striker and I'll be doing a jig of delight!

I dont like the January transfer market myself, its pretty barrel scarping stuff, a striker would be nice but not essential in my opinion, i would prefer to wait until the summer and a bigger market.

We have more then enough quality and a big enough squad to deal with an ambition of making the Europa league in my opinion.

I dont like the January transfer market myself, its pretty barrel scarping stuff, a striker would be nice but not essential in my opinion, i would prefer to wait until the summer and a bigger market.

We have more then enough quality and a big enough squad to deal with an ambition of making the Europa league in my opinion.
I think with the addition of a CF or a RW ( preferably both) I think we could push Spurs Arsenal and United for the last top 4 spot , may not get it but it’s there to be aimed at

Probably worded it incorrectly to be fair.
Would you take Alves to replace Seamus albeit short term as you are not likely to get long out of him as he is 34 / 35?
I wouldn't personally, but as you say, what a player he has been.

not seen him play for psg, nor much at juventus so I don't know how good he still is, but if he's near any level that he was at barca would be over him like a rash

was easily the best RB in the world for a good few years

at 35 ( I checked ) I doubt he's still at that level though

Rumblings that Leeds want Holgate.

Barring in mind he's from Doncaster/Barnsley area, could see it being a move that may happen. Want him to stay though because he's got real potential. He needs games though, so half-a-season there, playing under the lunatic that is Bielsa, could be really good for him.

Wow, is this some pre-window Weasling???????

Status
Not open for further replies.