January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont disagree in principal B, but its very very unlikely that type of player will be available until the summer. As we know if you buy in haste in January you buy twice.

Both Gylfi and Richalson have six goals a piece in the league, well on their way to hitting 15 each over the season.

I think its a bit different to last season, when we simply didnt have a professional footballer upfront.

Based on the fact Walcott seems one of the weakest links and tosun has already been dropped,that first line is probably correct. Schneiderlin bought the Jan before and being the one most people want sold means we need to go back a few years for a good Jan signing.

Based on the fact Walcott seems one of the weakest links and tosun has already been dropped,that first line is probably correct. Schneiderlin bought the Jan before and being the one most people want sold means we need to go back a few years for a good Jan signing.

Arteta jumps out as does Landon Donovan, John Stones probably in with a shout as well.

..problem with the Walsh era is most of the signings were gash whether they’re summer or January.

Come the end of January, I'd be happy to make Gomez permanent and a new number 9 in the shape of a Drogba-like forward. Imagine 2016 Lukaku in our team now and we would be sat in the top 4 looking pretty.

Outs - Niasse, Tosun, Schneiderlin and any of the other loans.

Last edited:

Definitely need a striker, Richarlison is a decent stop gap but think we definitely lose part of him when he’s upfront, also he seems to get smashed around a fair bit so fully expect him to miss a month or two with injuries. We won’t get top 6 so don’t mind if Silva wants to take a bit of time sorting out what he wants or needs around the other positions. I think it’s more important that he knows what he wants for next summer and gets them drag over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.