January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enough January sales taking place.

We are going to have one massive headache when the 20 odd players we have out on loan all return.

We are in no position to sign more players. But we do need to see Brands doing more to get these players who are contributing absolutely nothing off the books.

Not that I'd be keen on the signing. Dortmund are pretty well set financially these days, it's a long time since the clubs financial troubles!

If the club want to break their transfer record, they can do it.

Well I know they have the money.

Dortmund’s current transfer record is the €30m they paid Wolfsburg for André Schürrle in 2016, although they have recouped more than £220m since August 2017 from the sales of Pulisic, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ousmane Dembélé.

Im just not sure Zaha is transfer record worthy and it doesnt fit the model.

Well I know they have the money.

Dortmund’s current transfer record is the €30m they paid Wolfsburg for André Schürrle in 2016, although they have recouped more than £220m since August 2017 from the sales of Pulisic, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ousmane Dembélé.

Im just not sure Zaha is transfer record worthy and it doesnt fit the model.

2 of our biggest transfers in recent seasons - Schürrle and Yarmolenko where big disasters, so it might fit that model :D

Dortmund have spent over 100m in each of the last 3 years, so it wouldn't be so surprising. The model has shifted in the last few years.

2 of our biggest transfers in recent seasons - Schürrle and Yarmolenko where big disasters, so it might fit that model :D

Dortmund have spent over 100m in each of the last 3 years, so it wouldn't be so surprising. The model has shifted in the last few years.

Hes really rubbish IMO, you just need to hope its not true.

We are going to have one massive headache when the 20 odd players we have out on loan all return.

We are in no position to sign more players. But we do need to see Brands doing more to get these players who are contributing absolutely nothing off the books.

All about poker mate, if you except loans or lowball offers now you don't get any decent money. Expect to see quite a few go out next week.

Hes really rubbish IMO, you just need to hope its not true.

He's a good player, top quality? Maybe not, but still better than the vast majority of wingers not on the big clubs already. Maybe he is struggling this season but last 2 seasons he put up good numbers on not that great a team. I'm not sure if it was Dortmund need, I cannot help but think that money would be better spent somewhere else! But the club will need to replace Pulisic with someone.

Predict where the dross goes.

McCarthy - Celtic 7m
Bolasie - Palace 5m
Tosun - Palace 11m
Morgan - Napoli 8m
Browning - China 2m
Galloway - Norwich 1.5m

Just a guess.

It's like we're a business still running on Windows 95 computers but aren't prepared to upgrade until we can get a buyer to pay us at least 75% of their RRP at 1997 prices.

I don't want us to throw money at the problem without thinking it through, but I do want us to be making progress this window. Moving forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

He certainly has got the quality but he needs to be the main focus of the team, moving from a team that work around his game to a club where he will just start off as another squad number, will you really see the same player as you’ve been seeing the last few years, i mean why else is he still at palace. even we went for bollaise :(

It's like we're a business still running on Windows 95 computers but aren't prepared to upgrade until we can get a buyer to pay us at least 75% of their RRP at 1997 prices.

I don't want us to throw money at the problem without thinking it through, but I do want us to be making progress this window. Moving forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Gotta love a classic Simpsons reference

Status
Not open for further replies.