January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get a player I can only see it being a centre mid whilst we sell schneiderlin. Any other business will be left until the summer imo and tbf, it's probaly best to do it that way.

If available then a centre mid would make sense. Give them 6 months to ease in and then be ready to compete for a regular starting place next season. Ideally Gomes will be staying but that’s far from guaranteed.

Doubt the right player will be available in Jan though.

I'll be gutted if we dont do business in January tbh. Everton are currently 1 point off realistically Utd in 6th spot. Things are not rosy at OT and they still have to come to GP this season.

If we finish 6th this season not only does it avoid the early rounds of the Europa, it also means we effectively have broken into the "top 6". The media will obviously make it a "big 7" the following season which in itself gives EFC greater exposure in the media and also can see us being more attractive to agents and players.

I think people underestimate the difference finishing 6th and 7th would do for us come the seasons end and I for one will be gutted if we dont at the minimum go out and bring in a quality centre forward in January.

I'll never forgive Kenwright & co for not getting Negredo sorted that January where we had a good chance of the top 4 but we let the opportunity go to waste and never strengthened.

Lozano would be a great signing. I’m almost getting sick of typing his name and I know others are very keen on him but I think he’d be fantastic. Might have to wait til the summer to compete for his signing though

I’d be quite happy if we just sold niasse, agreed a fee for besic and shipped Schneiderlin out to be honest.

I’d love to agree a sale for bolasie and found a deal to ensure Mirallas never comes back but I’m not optimistic on either of those.

Dowell will go out on loan.

If available then a centre mid would make sense. Give them 6 months to ease in and then be ready to compete for a regular starting place next season. Ideally Gomes will be staying but that’s far from guaranteed.

Doubt the right player will be available in Jan though.

i just think there's much more chance that a busy centre mid could be available in jan than a top striker or winger, for example.

Nope he said he has had his hand down the couch and he has come up with nowt.

After the Anfield derby we will have played 4 of the "sky 6" all away from home, one of the remaining is against city who we actually don't have the same type of appalling record away against.

Our season and possibly transfer window ambition will be defined over Christmas and January. There is a 8 game run after spurs at goodison over that period where we should legitimately be dissapointed if we don't take three points in each.

Get a result or two in the derby, city away and spurs game then could be a very interesting season for us second half.

After the Anfield derby we will have played 4 of the "sky 6" all away from home, one of the remaining is against city who we actually don't have the same type of appalling record away against.

Our season and possibly transfer window ambition will be defined over Christmas and January. There is a 8 game run after spurs at goodison over that period where we should legitimately be dissapointed if we don't take three points in each.

Get a result or two in the derby, city away and spurs game then could be a very interesting season for us second half.
Agree but he still say no dough in january

If you look at the profile of the players Brands has signed so far
All have been young
All ( except Bernard ) have struggled to get game time at clubs on the next level up from us , Barca , Chelsea
All have come to restart their career and to prove a point
I wouldn’t be surprised to see players come in who have just failed to make the first 11 of the elite Real , Barca , PSG , Bayern , Juventus Etc
I think it’s a bit early for Brands to take punts on younger South American’s to hopefully make the grade here
The PL is a different kettle of fish to the Dutch League , see Klassen and Jansen ( Spurs ) for example
So who’s the best RB/ RW/ CF not getting game time at the elite
Every transfer has an element of risk but signing players of the above profile mitigates that risk
We need to make every transfer count ( as happened this summer ) if we want to quickly compete for top 4/6
PS I have Ricarlison down as a Silva signing that Brands agreed to

Dembele at Barcelona

Just checked if we can get 16/17 out of 24 points in our next matches we are well set up to go on a run and Moshiri might open the wallet if Brands says the right player is available
His record so far is unquestionable as far as Moshiri can see

Dembele at Barcelona

Could be an option but they would want an absolute fortune , he cost 147 m Euro so he’s not an option at all
Malcolm on the other hand could be 40 m Euro and not getting regular game time
I’m not sure how many Non EU players Barca have and how many are regulars , but I think Lozano May be a better option for that RE position

Status
Not open for further replies.