January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the profile of the players Brands has signed so far
All have been young
All ( except Bernard ) have struggled to get game time at clubs on the next level up from us , Barca , Chelsea
All have come to restart their career and to prove a point
I wouldn’t be surprised to see players come in who have just failed to make the first 11 of the elite Real , Barca , PSG , Bayern , Juventus Etc
I think it’s a bit early for Brands to take punts on younger South American’s to hopefully make the grade here
The PL is a different kettle of fish to the Dutch League , see Klassen and Jansen ( Spurs ) for example
So who’s the best RB/ RW/ CF not getting game time at the elite
Every transfer has an element of risk but signing players of the above profile mitigates that risk
We need to make every transfer count ( as happened this summer ) if we want to quickly compete for top 4/6
PS I have Ricarlison down as a Silva signing that Brands agreed to

All have been young
All ( except Bernard ) have struggled to get game time at clubs on the next level up from us , Barca , Chelsea
I wouldn’t be surprised to see players come in who have just failed to make the first 11 of the elite Real , Barca , PSG , Bayern , Juventus Etc
I think it’s a bit early for Brands to take punts on younger South American’s to hopefully make the grade here
The PL is a different kettle of fish to the Dutch League , see Klassen and Jansen ( Spurs ) for example
Every transfer has an element of risk but signing players of the above profile mitigates that risk
We need to make every transfer count ( as happened this summer ) if we want to quickly compete for top 4/6

Although brands did try sign Richarlison before he went to Watford, so don't think it took much persuading from Silva about him mate.

Profile of signings I said the other day us ones who got that big move too young so are still 23-24 with loads of time and not even at their peak, also think he'll target the calibre those players where when they got that big move and try persuade them we are that logical step if they want their biggest move to work.

Richarlison and in my mind Lozano would both come into that category.

Although brands did try sign Richarlison before he went to Watford, so don't think it took much persuading from Silva about him mate.

Profile of signings I said the other day us ones who got that big move too young so are still 23-24 with loads of time and not even at their peak, also think he'll target the calibre those players where when they got that big move and try persuade them we are that logical step if they want their biggest move to work.

Welcome, Zaha.

All have been young
with the academy ban, the bolded might happen sooner than later

Could you imagine us swooping? PLUCKY LITTLE EVERTON

Depends what kinda RB suits the way we play really but I desperately want one with a bit of crossing quality. I like the look of AWB but think attacking he doesn’t offer much just yet. Never seen Militao play outside of one CL game. Dumfries at PSV looks good, Celik at Lille has impressed me. Pavard isn’t a bad shout I’ve seen on here even though he’s a CB naturally. Mbabu for Young Boys or Fernandes at CSKA are good. Young lad at Norwich whose name escapes me. Rosier (Dijon) and Atal (Nice) have impressed. Depends how much you think we’d go out and spend on one.

I want someone that’s just going to peg back their left side the entire game. A right-footed Benjamin Mendy.

Sounds like Sidibe at Monaco? Though i prefer Henrichs from them as he can play both sides and has more upside (also want Tielemans from them).

I'm the one who mentioned Pavard...think hes quality and wont be so expensive as hes not at a big club.

Dumfries ive seen a few times...not sure if he is a beast or its deceptive as hes not facing top players. Also would be unlikely to get both him and Lozano if thats the plan.

Militao i think would be in the mix...looks really solid and not afraid to go forward either. Very 'robust'.

For me, Pavard and Militao would be the most interesting two options...otherwise Wan Bissaka of course.

Sounds like Sidibe at Monaco? Though i prefer Henrichs from them as he can play both sides and has more upside (also want Tielemans from them).

I'm the one who mentioned Pavard...think hes quality and wont be so expensive as hes not at a big club.

Dumfries ive seen a few times...not sure if he is a beast or its deceptive as hes not facing top players. Also would be unlikely to get both him and Lozano if thats the plan.

Militao i think would be in the mix...looks really solid and not afraid to go forward either. Very 'robust'.

For me, Pavard and Militao would be the most interesting two options...otherwise Wan Bissaka of course.

Sidibe is a big no-no. Can’t defend whatsoever. Tielemans is also meh too.

Lots of options out there for when the time comes!

with the academy ban, the bolded might happen sooner than later

I’m talking about players who walk straight into our first 11 as have all the signings so far , not squad players not academy players
I firmly believe you should sign players better than you already have and relegate current first team players to the squad option
I’d say only Siggy and Pickford are safe from the pre Silva era
Even Gana if he can be replaced with some with the same defensive qualities but who is better on the ball ( like Kante ) is not safe
I love Gana by the way but I’d say practically every position is under scrutiny and rightfully so

Depends what kinda RB suits the way we play really but I desperately want one with a bit of crossing quality. I like the look of AWB but think attacking he doesn’t offer much just yet. Never seen Militao play outside of one CL game. Dumfries at PSV looks good, Celik at Lille has impressed me. Pavard isn’t a bad shout I’ve seen on here even though he’s a CB naturally. Mbabu for Young Boys or Fernandes at CSKA are good. Young lad at Norwich whose name escapes me. Rosier (Dijon) and Atal (Nice) have impressed. Depends how much you think we’d go out and spend on one.

I want someone that’s just going to peg back their left side the entire game. A right-footed Benjamin Mendy.
Or even a right footed Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.