January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really bizarre when you look back at the quality in our league and italy during the 90s...its dried up massively
I think a lot of it now, is young players being given too much too soon and losing their desire to kick in with their careers.

You see so many young players touted as the next big thing turning into journeymen and picking up millions just for turning up once every few weeks.

I know the money has been there for years, but players first contracts now in one of the big leagues will set them up very comfortably.

Last edited:
Its really bizarre when you look back at the quality in our league and italy during the 90s...its dried up massively

I wonder why? Any thoughts?

Brands and Silva will make us FC SEXY

Coaches focus to much on technical skills, young players lose the ability to play football on instinct?

I dunno Zat.

They just dont make teams like this anymore.

155010.jpg

I think a lot of it now, is young players being given too much too soon and losing their desire to kick in with their careers.

You see so many young players touted as the next big thing turning into journeymen and picking up millions just for turning up once every few weeks.

I know the money has been their for years, but players first contracts now in one of the big leagues will set them up very comfortably.
Youngsters being hoarded by the top clubs being too comfortable and many never having the desire to want to develop and play first team football.

Another rebuild for us at least six players away from a quality squad again. At least a winning mentality away from doing anything.

Bernard Richarlison and Walcott is our first choice front three when we haven’t rotated over Christmas. Richarlison doesn’t have a problem finding the net. I’d rather we bought in some midfielders who can actually pass a ball and get round the pitch if we’re going to bring in anyone.
None of those three are lethal. Bernard and Walcott couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo and Richarlison is a player limited through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.