January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what bugs me the most? The dizzying amount of money we've spent in the last couple seasons on wasters who are pure gash. You can almost make a XI of them, and it's grim (fees taken from Transfermarkt).

Tosun (£22m) - - - - - - Niasse (£18m)

Bolasie (£29m) - - - - - - - Schneiderlin (£23m) - - - - - - - - Klaassen (£27m) - - - - - - - Walcott (£22m)

?? - - - - - - - - Funes Mori (£13m) - - - - - - Williams (£14m) - - - - - - ??

??​

That group came at a grand total of around £168m, and I suspect no-one would describe them as "value for money".
The positive is that no one in charge now was involved in any of that

I'll talk football all day mate and no one is ever right or wrong but I don't feel the need to insult people or turn football chat into an argument..

Right, you've lost me here mate. I was replying to someone else and you replied to my comment (no issue with that, it's a discussion fourm) but at no point have I attempted to argue with you or insult you.

I've just been through our messages to check and I can't find anything so if you can please quote me. As I'm genuinely puzzled by you're comments here.

You know what bugs me the most? The dizzying amount of money we've spent in the last couple seasons on wasters who are pure gash. You can almost make a XI of them, and it's grim (fees taken from Transfermarkt).

Tosun (£22m) - - - - - - Niasse (£18m)

Bolasie (£29m) - - - - - - - Schneiderlin (£23m) - - - - - - - - Klaassen (£27m) - - - - - - - Walcott (£22m)

?? - - - - - - - - Funes Mori (£13m) - - - - - - Williams (£14m) - - - - - - ??

??​

That group came at a grand total of around £168m, and I suspect no-one would describe them as "value for money".

Not great signings but none of those fees are correct.

Mate, if you have such reliable contacts that you feel assured you KNOW these transfer fees exactly, perhaps you should let Transfermarkt know.

You're missing the point entirely if you think the big deal here is whether the combined total was £150m or £168m.

How flash are you that 18m isn't a big deal:p

Not great signings but none of those fees are correct.
*sigh*

Already dealt with that very minor issue. In the original post I mentioned the fees were taken from Transfermarkt, AND even if they are out by 15%, it doesn't alter the fact we've wasted over £140m on eight players (two of which we've since sold on at losses).

*sigh*

Already dealt with that very minor issue. In the original post I mentioned the fees were taken from Transfermarkt, AND even if they are out by 15%, it doesn't alter the fact we've wasted over £140m on eight players (two of which we've since sold on at losses).

Wasn't Funes Mori a profit?

Most are out by more than 15%. Some over 50% depending on which add ons were triggered.

Wasn't Funes Mori a profit?

Most are out by more than 15%. Some over 50% depending on which add ons were triggered.

Please go right ahead and tell me which one of the eight players I mentioned came at a fee more than 50% different to the one cited by Transfermarkt. Pretty sure we'd all be ecstatic to find out we only paid £8m for Niasse, £14m for Bolasie or £10m for Walcott.

No point in getting stop gap, panic buy players. Otherwise we end up with a bloated squad again.
If the strikers we need are available, affordable and willing to come. Then put a bid in during January. If not, hold off until the off season.
We're not going to be relegated, neither are we going to sneak into Europe.

Use the extra time to further scout and identify talent that will boost the team/squad.

We went out last January and spent 40 off million on Walcott and Tosun, now half the fan base want shut of them. No point spending for the sake of spending.

I'm sorry, were they better signings at a combined fee of £150m????

How about if they "only" cost £120m combined?

The point is that we have bought a LOT of mediocre players for inflated fees. And I think mediocre is putting it very kindly.

In this economic climate that us a shocking comment tbh:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.