January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate bolasie has been hash how entite career , he didn’t even have a “one off season” where he looked good, signing him was madness, niasse ? Sending a scout to watch him for 3-4 games would have pointed out he can’t actually okay football, Morgan ? Yeah I could see the sense, like gomes , digne, Mina he went to a big club and couldn’t cement his place but he played well enough to earn a move there so maybe he could rekindle that. But the players you have mentioned would cost hundreds of millions to buy. The pony I was making is that zat is saying he should sign x and y player but we did that, and like you said at a 5m price, my point is will are still being burnt and it’s been a disaster. Signing 5-6 players that are young, foreign, never played in the prem and that are very very expensive is a massive risk and almost certainly all of them won’t adapt, settle, perform, develop. We might have money compared to the bill years but we still can’t take 30-40m hits on players

Well, if you dont want to sign players im not sure how to strengthen.

Do you think he'd make a good signing? Looks big money?

His scoring stats are better than Martials at all age levels.

I think he looks great and have said on here id prefer him to Werner.

He also runs down the channels and puts in some nice passes to team mates so i think he could interchange with Richarlison and our next right sided player.

I like him.

Think in order of priority we need:

1. A goalscorer with Richarlison either moving out to the wing, or signing a right winger and keeping him central.
2. A right back
3. A controlling DM

It'd be handy if we were able to acquire some better quality depth in the squad as well. Outside of the current starters there's not a great deal to call upon bar Lookman and DCL.

1. Would you get rid of Tosun and NIasse at the same time? I like them but they're not good enough for our new ambitions!
2. Is it too soon for Kenny? WOuld you give up on him. Cos if you buy a RB you may as well sell or loan him out
3. End of Mccarthy, Gana and Schneiderlin?

I feel like we have to get rid of Schneiderlin (but he's keeping him for the rest of the season looks like), Tosun, Niasse, McCarthy in this window as well, waht do you think?>

To start making inroads on the top 6 we need to be signing proper quality players that can turn a game with a bit of magic.

Might be hard to attract and we’d have to pay top dollar but that’s what it’s going to take.

So much dead wood still hanging around...schneirlin, McCarthy, tosun, Davies, all utterly average.

Just pray there’s some truth behind the Usmanov thing. Need a marque or two to get in the mix.

Would anyone take yaya toure on a free until the end of the season?

The short nature of that type of contract could be an incentive for him to put the effort in which has always been my concern about him.

think he'd be so far away from a free. I like him, but i have a feeling he's absolutely finished if city are never even thinking of playing him. He'd cause too much fracas in the dressing room too imo.

To start making inroads on the top 6 we need to be signing proper quality players that can turn a game with a bit of magic.

Might be hard to attract and we’d have to pay top dollar but that’s what it’s going to take.

So much dead wood still hanging around...schneirlin, McCarthy, tosun, Davies, all utterly average.

Just pray there’s some truth behind the Usmanov thing. Need a marque or two to get in the mix.
Davies is not dead wood. The lad is 19 and won't be on big wages. Useful and necessary squad player with scope to improve.

The others are actual deadwood though and should be flogged.

Davies is not dead wood. The lad is 19 and won't be on big wages. Useful and necessary squad player with scope to improve.

The others are actual deadwood though and should be flogged.
He needs so much improvement though, there is just nothing there with him, i reckon within 3 years he will easily be at a championship club, i don't care how old he is, he is just not very good, end of.

He needs so much improvement though, there is just nothing there with him, i reckon within 3 years he will easily be at a championship club, i don't care how old he is, he is just not very good, end of.
So you'd rather us continue the season with Gana as our only permanent midfielder and Gomes on loan? A single injury or two and we'd be playing without a midfield.

Davies is decent, played too much too soon with too much pressure to uphold. He will grow from all the experience and hopefully become better learning from an actual footballer like Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.