January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to a £5mil punt?

Not really no...

If you think players like Ndombele, De Ligt and De Jong will be risky for teams as opposed to schneiderlin, bolasie, tosun and niasse for example then thats your opinion.

Mate bolasie has been hash how entite career , he didn’t even have a “one off season” where he looked good, signing him was madness, niasse ? Sending a scout to watch him for 3-4 games would have pointed out he can’t actually okay football, Morgan ? Yeah I could see the sense, like gomes , digne, Mina he went to a big club and couldn’t cement his place but he played well enough to earn a move there so maybe he could rekindle that. But the players you have mentioned would cost hundreds of millions to buy. The pony I was making is that zat is saying he should sign x and y player but we did that, and like you said at a 5m price, my point is will are still being burnt and it’s been a disaster. Signing 5-6 players that are young, foreign, never played in the prem and that are very very expensive is a massive risk and almost certainly all of them won’t adapt, settle, perform, develop. We might have money compared to the bill years but we still can’t take 30-40m hits on players

Wouldn't read too much into the quotes about whether we can afford Gomes now or in summer just gone. The likelyhood is there is an approximate budget per window. And buying Gomes in summer would've mean't we would have gone over budget, and the opportunity arose to have a look on loan.

Likelihood is we can get him in January. Just means we either adjust (i.e. lower) next summer's budget a bit, or we sell some players, possibly earlier than anticipated e.g. schneiderlin to offset the outlay.
Huddersfield need an experienced midfielder now that Aaron Mooy is out until Feb.
Surely Scheiderlin fits their requirement.

I don't think we wont go for anyone as i think the club are confident that we will get europa league (top 7), if we get that we have chance of convincing better caliber of players than we would in Jan.

Would anyone take yaya toure on a free until the end of the season?

The short nature of that type of contract could be an incentive for him to put the effort in which has always been my concern about him.

Huddersfield need an experienced midfielder now that Aaron Mooy is out until Feb.
Surely Scheiderlin fits their requirement.

Not sure if they could afford his wages, also not sure he would be happy going to a team that are playing around the relegation drop, Most likley holding out for a french team. Or the only other team he may go to is Southampton

Think in order of priority we need:

1. A goalscorer with Richarlison either moving out to the wing, or signing a right winger and keeping him central.
2. A right back
3. A controlling DM

It'd be handy if we were able to acquire some better quality depth in the squad as well. Outside of the current starters there's not a great deal to call upon bar Lookman and DCL.

Oh please.

What harm could he do for 6 months? Considering everyone has been crying out for a big and powerful CM like Doucoure recently, he would be an available option.

Worst case scenario he is terrible and we bin him off in the summer, his wages will be high potentially but I’m sure he has some commercial value that could offset that if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.