January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...the-odds-richarlison-marcel-brands-yerry-mina

The former PSV Eindhoven director of football added: “I went to Barcelona twice at the end of June or beginning of July to speak about a few Barcelona players because [Lucas] Digne was on our list and Mina was on our list. They told me about the other players who it was maybe possible to get. I asked about Gomes and they said no, he was only for sale. I knew the price and it was not possible for us so we left that. In the end, he got injured in pre-season and we started talking about him again".

Straight from brands mouth, so it was literally the way I said it was to begin with.

well that contradicts what Silva has said in press conferences, so one of them has it wrong

Seen this Fernandes loads now at "RB" for CSKA and he's just quality.

How is he still at CSKA? Seems brilliant every time I see him. Only turned 28 in September, 6’2” and runs all day.

Only one of their players has ever sold for more than £20m - Golovin for £27/28m and he was the young star of the world cup so would Fernandes even be valued any higher than £20m?

Would be a brilliant Coleman replacement. Despite not being 20 every team needs experience.

Wouldn't read too much into the quotes about whether we can afford Gomes now or in summer just gone. The likelyhood is there is an approximate budget per window. And buying Gomes in summer would've mean't we would have gone over budget, and the opportunity arose to have a look on loan.

Likelihood is we can get him in January. Just means we either adjust (i.e. lower) next summer's budget a bit, or we sell some players, possibly earlier than anticipated e.g. schneiderlin to offset the outlay.

Rangnick has come out and said hes not sure why a french publication is commented on a french player (augustin) playing in Germany and linking him to England.

Didnt deny or confirm.

I’m away so haven’t heard a sniff. Will be interesting. They’ll have a goal scorer lined up surely.

Augustin from Leipzig is a rumoured target for 40m ( pound or euro I’m not sure )
Links to Lozano don’t go away with PSV out of Europe
Barbosa ( Brazilian at Inter ) is another rumour , on loan though
Wilfred Barrios from River Plate is another rumour but Spurs also rumoured to be interested
Ndombele ( Lyon ) linked by papers
Smashing player but crazy money and the big boys are circling around him

Status
Not open for further replies.