Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah definitely, realistically we need 6 signings over the next 2 windows

1x ST
2x CM (one being Gomes)
1x RW
1x RB
1x CB

Ideally Gomes and the CB will be sorted im the summer and I think so will RB.

it means we have 3 positions needed to strengthen- CF and RW the key areas for me.

As Liverpool have shown a good defence and good attacking players can compensate for a lesser midfield.

Lozano Werner Richarlison

Something like that would be unreal.

The beautiful thing with those 3 is that they can all score goals.

I think your list is spot on:
CF
RF
CM
CM
CB
RB

We need those 6 starting players. If we take one to be Gomes + we have zouma on loan then in Jan we would need:

CF
RF
CM
RB

To be honest, I dont mind which positions are filled in Jan. Its a numbers game and we need 2 players to come in, leaving us needing 4 more in summer.

lozano, at the very least announced for the summer please
new forward, possibly augustin, with barbosa in on loan to give us options
a new right back to push seamus would be nice

Lozano Augustin Richarlison
I think (like everblue above) that this is quality as it has pace and goals...

I know what you mean but we do need to bring in 1 or 2 in the winter window, simply because it will enable us to have more options from the bench. At the moment we have no way of changing a game when things are not working.

Its imperative we bring in 2 players. We have 6 positions to fill so 2 in jan and 4 in summer wouldnt be too difficult hopefully.

I know what you mean but we do need to bring in 1 or 2 in the winter window, simply because it will enable us to have more options from the bench. At the moment we have no way of changing a game when things are not working.

Not for me mate, i think the squad is ok and vastly much improved, i wholly anticipated boom and bust year - the fist in this particualr cycle. We have a group of players who need opportunities and development. Its not so long ago that DCL and Lookman came on and changed a game for us. Id rather we focus on giving a profile to our own or look to develop them for future moves then get players in of the caliber of Cenk or Morgan in a limited market.

6th is the best we will do this year one way or the other at this stage and that is achievable with this squad.

Far more variety and time to look for the right players in the summer market.

RB and Right wing are much less of a priority though in my opinion.

Not sure about that.

2 new Right sided players at similar quality to Digne and Richarlison would balance the flanks for us and make us less predictable.

We could start seeing success on both sides and teams wouldnt focus on the right side defensively.

Even if we flooded the centre midfield with tacklers like Baningime Gana and Davies we would have threat on both flanks...

back in the days before the echo was so biased, they ran a story about reyes to liverpool,
the sevilla owner said no less than 100mill, then a month later he was off to arsenal for less than 20
See when an owner in the mid 2000s through that number out it was a way of saying we won't sell. Now those types of fees actually happen. Different era.

Status
Not open for further replies.