January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s about 20, Probably the reason you haven’t heard of him.

And Coleman is 30 I really don’t think he will come good, he was never a great player technically he was all about pace, drive and determination. His pace would get him out of trouble and help his at time go past defenders. He never had the greatest final ball, was usually smash it as hard you can across the box.

I think the injury has done him for his pace, hardly attempts to go at a defender now, stops and goes sideways.

Great points and taken onboard, but do you believe his replacement is as urgent as a CF or getting Gomes tied up

Think your last statement was "nonsense" as that's not what I said, start of the season there were quite a few people wanting Seamus as captain, therefore confirming quite a few people had faith in his return.

Might be worth have a look through the thread and viewing how many and who!

the shouts for coleman for captain are sound though because he's probably deserved it, I think he's been average for a year or 2 but he has had a lot of niggling injuries thought after a good pre-season and news manager see how he does, but he's gotten even worse its unfortunate but it happens, every week he is the week link both in attack and defence

you watch him going forward to what he used to be like and its frightening and he doesn't even try and run forward he just gets the ball holds on to it for to long or gives it away

This January will make or break the season imo.

We need 2 big signings coming in.

For what its worth I fancy us to go in for Doucoure and a centre forward.

Think we'll persist with Walcott until the summer sadly.

If it was upto me:

Top Striker: Rodrigo, Gomez £45-50 million

Lozano £30-35 million

He was injured not injury prone
Big difference

There is.

He was out four times last season for Barca, but looking at the injuries there was only one hamstring injury so perhaps not injury prone as first thought, was only unavailable for 7 games. Think perhaps the fact he was injured and then had a set back while with us for the same injury made it seem worse than it is.

Even so, to go and buy him for £30-40m would have been a huge risk, at least we know what quality we are buying now if we spunk out a 30-40m deal.

should be an interesting window - do nothing then we sleepwalk through to the end of the season with the risk that key players may be tempted elsewhere in the summer.

We have to bring 1-2 players this window - how that is done and paid for (Loan/Perm) is up to the club but critical that we add quality and build the momentum this season and for next.

We have Gomes till the summer no matter what, I would rather spend money on a striker or a Lozano or both. And hope we can kick on 2nd half of the season and get Gomes in the summer
This January will make or break the season imo.

We need 2 big signings coming in.

For what its worth I fancy us to go in for Doucoure and a centre forward.

Think we'll persist with Walcott until the summer sadly.

If it was upto me:

Top Striker: Rodrigo, Gomez £45-50 million

Lozano £30-35 million
Definately need a flexible ST who can link play and offer a regular threat.

Also need another midfielder who can challenge / rotate with gana and gomes.

Right back
Centre midfielder
Right Forward
Centre forward

Those are the 4 we need above others...i hope we get 2 in Jan.

Right back
Centre midfielder
Right Forward
Centre forward

Those are the 4 we need above others...i hope we get 2 in Jan.

Yeah definitely, realistically we need 6 signings over the next 2 windows

1x ST
2x CM (one being Gomes)
1x RW
1x RB
1x CB

Ideally Gomes and the CB will be sorted im the summer and I think so will RB.

it means we have 3 positions needed to strengthen- CF and RW the key areas for me.

As Liverpool have shown a good defence and good attacking players can compensate for a lesser midfield.

Lozano Werner Richarlison

Something like that would be unreal.

Im happy enough to go with our squad now until the end of the season to be honest, just a permanent Gomes signing would be fantastic to me, NRA about anything else.
I know what you mean but we do need to bring in 1 or 2 in the winter window, simply because it will enable us to have more options from the bench. At the moment we have no way of changing a game when things are not working.

lozano, at the very least announced for the summer please
new forward, possibly augustin, with barbosa in on loan to give us options
a new right back to push seamus would be nice
I'm not sure I understand the Augustin shouts. Does he give us something at CF that Richarlison doesn't? We need a different type of player IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.