January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distan didn't leave because he couldn't agree terms with WH on the length of his contract. Do you think Bobby had someone lined up to replace him or even if Reid was coming our way? If Distan cost us a potential new signing I would not be happy!

Cleverley is so bad.

Free or not, he should be nowhere near our squad. He's not even standing out in the worst Villa team I've ever seen.
His comments last year about how he'd suit the Spanish game were so desperate.

My ins and outs for the summer

In
Goalie -nyland, marshall or some boss german keeper
Van dijk (would say reid but i dont believe if he was availible he would come to us)
Young winger deulefou or someone of that ilk
Possibly lennon on a permanant if he is any good
sam byram (if not move browning or kenny up as cover for hibbo)
And possibly two loans a striker and a centre mid

Outs
Distin out of contract
Howard off to mls
Hibbo retired
Alcatraz out of contract
Mirallas may want to leave
Gibbo as he is never fit

I know it would leave us with a smaller squad but doubt we will have euro football to compete with so we should be fine

I don't want Cleverley really but for free as a squadie hmmm maybe not that bad!

I mean there have been spells in his career where he has been more than usefull. Was an england regular and sir Alex regular for big European games. He was also very good for Wigan under Bobby.

Just inbetween all that he's been woefull.

Ive always thought Cleverley has flattered to deceive. He wont bring anything at all to our side creativity-wise and even looks worse in what is a p/poor Villa team than he did for United. This one doesnt seem to be going away unfortunately when we simply shouldn't be being linked to mediocre players like him.

Cleverley has legs which can run without exploding, so he's an immediate upgrade on Gibson.

I wouldn't be over the moon with signing him but replacing a crock with someone who can actually get out on the pitch, without paying a transfer fee, seems like a no brainer to me.

Cleverley has legs which can run without exploding, so he's an immediate upgrade on Gibson.

I wouldn't be over the moon with signing him but replacing a crock with someone who can actually get out on the pitch, without paying a transfer fee, seems like a no brainer to me.
This, I wouldn't be averse to us getting Cleverley to replace Gibson (and Osman if he is crocked as rumoured).

People make me laugh. I remember the absolute turmoil when we bid the initial £10mil for McCarthy. People moaning, saying his rubbish, he just got relegated, he never stood out. Cleverly on a free is fantastic when you think that: Gibson played 1 league game last season, without Gibson we have 1 backup CM (2 out of Barry, McCarthy, Besic). A couple of injuries could easily screw up the midfield, Barry is 78 in May, Gibson will probably be gone in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.