January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still keen on Cleverley according to the Echo. Was up for having him back in the summer but I've lost interest now. Has done nothing of note at Villa even though he's a had a run in the side in his natural position. We should look at better options because we're going to need a central midfielder soon. Barry and Osman are near finished, Gibson will be shipped out and McCarthy is injury-prone.

How is McCarthy injury prone? He's had one bad injury , and most players get that at least in their careers. Does that make Oviedo 'injury prone' for example? 'Injury prone' was what Gibson was before he signed for Everton, and he's kept up his record. I think McCarthy would have been at least on the bench last week, but Martinez was quite happy with Barry and Besic...Martinez was erring on the side of caution with McCarthy,and at the same time delaying a difficult selection problem. I wonder if he will try to squeeze McCarthy ,Besic AND Barry into the starting eleven on Saturday? Robles: Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines: Barry Besic McCarthy: Lennon Lukaku Mirralas. Naismith unlucky not to start but first sub on ?

Fair point but unless you're willing to pay double the worth, you're never going to sign a ready made player in Jan. Lennon is just buying time until the summer when we can bring in a better winger.

I hope so, although considering how Martinez rates mcgeady so highly I'd be worried about his eye for a winger in the summer....i'm confused as to why he bothered with Atsu, he's never given the kid a chance....

Summer wish list -
Nyland or Marshall or Ruddy or Butland
Byram
Two of Schar or Van Dijk or Alderweireld or Martins-Indi or Reid
Perisic or Konoplyanka
A very boss striker!!

Status
Not open for further replies.