James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Palace have bid £850k.

Now I'm not Vaughan's biggest fan but that's not enough and he should go to a team doing better than that.

He'll be up North by the end of the window looking into my septic peg ball- shame really - but if the links to Scotland are true he'll get a bag full of goals if he can avoid injury. Who for our replacement though? If Keane's being touted around 6m value- we'd want better quality than that surely- suppose its wait and see time.

The Championship is better than Scotland mate.

You're right, it certainly is in terms of competition but the likes of Celtic/Rangers would be attractive to a player looking for a bit of European action maybe-albeit the early rounds- if they were not quite good enough for an upper Prem club.

Celtic would be a great move for Vaughan IMO... big club, annual european football and a domestic league of an absolutely abysmal standard... he could fill his boots and get 20-25 goals a season if he managed to stay fit, which could eventually get him a move back to a decent prem club (or whoever Gordon Strachan is managing then!). The SPL is shocking, well worse than the Championship... teams like Hamilton, St Mirren & St Johnstone would struggle to stay in League 1!

It sad he's never made it here though; I remember the run-in of the 06/07 season, he was awesome, scored 5 or 6 I think in the last 10 games or so - I really thought that the next season he would progress further and become a bona fide star here... then he did his shoulder in that preseason game @ Preston, whcih meant another long lay off and after that he was never the same again... Very unlucky.

He's actually in his most prolific season with 5 goals when he was at Palace.

Not sure why I posted this.

Thats a scary statistic... but Im also suprised to read that in 7 seasons as part of the 1st team squad, he's only started 8 Premier League games! (06/07 he started seven and in 08/09 he started one)... so its not like he's had much gametime at all, which I think it also highlights how badly injuries hampered his progress.

Can we recall Vaughany and get rid of Anichebe. Vic looks completely disinterested in playing. Vaughan has drive to do well, and he's started off playing well for Palace. He'll do great things for Palace for the rest of the season.

Can we recall Vaughany and get rid of Anichebe. Vic looks completely disinterested in playing. Vaughan has drive to do well, and he's started off playing well for Palace. He'll do great things for Palace for the rest of the season.

I think Vaughn has found his level in the Championship tbh..

That said, Vic should be in that tier as well.

We cannot let this lad go...he is in the England under 21 squad for the game with Italy tomorrow.
Surely you do not dump young players in national squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.