2023/24 James Tarkowski

Such a bizarre error. Can only assume he heard a shout from Pickford or at least thought he did.

That aside he was immense today.
The way Pickford was on the floor after the goal and put his hands up at Tarks as if to say ‘why didn’t you head it away’ makes me think he didn’t call for it. Picks really should have come out and claimed that himself but at the end of the day we didn’t lose because of it so it’s not worth scrutinising too much over it.

He almost sucks out of it… weird.

I can only guess he either thinks Pickford has called for it or assumes Pickford is coming for it because it was in his 6 yard box.

Didn’t cost us anyway, aside from that I thought he was v.solid.

The way Pickford was on the floor after the goal and put his hands up at Tarks as if to say ‘why didn’t you head it away’ makes me think he didn’t call for it. Picks really should have come out and claimed that himself but at the end of the day we didn’t lose because of it so it’s not worth scrutinising too much over it.
Similar thing for the wolves goal by that Sasha guy.

Was a crazy mix up and looked ridiculous obviously but I think he’s been superb and actually that game was one of his very best for us, especially first half when Branthwaite got pulled all over the place, so I’m really glad it didn’t cost us!