2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have declared for Poland.
Why? It's his decision who he plays for and it's a very personal decision. If he feels he is English why would he play for Poland. I am a plastic paddy, born and bred in Liverpool, but, from an Irish family, it's very much a personal decision. As it goes, I identify as Irish , my brothers identified as English and I have an Irish passport, they had English ones, as I say, his decision and a very personal on which nobody else has the right to judge.

Why? It's his decision who he plays for and it's a very personal decision. If he feels he is English why would he play for Poland. I am a plastic paddy, born and bred in Liverpool, but, from an Irish family, it's very much a personal decision. As it goes, I identify as Irish , my brothers identified as English and I have an Irish passport, they had English ones, as I say, his decision and a very personal on which nobody else has the right to judge.
He:
a) Is born in England
b) Grew up in England
c) Lives and works in England
d) Is named James Alan

Pretty sure hes more English than Polish.

He:
a) Is born in England
b) Grew up in England
c) Lives and works in England
d) Is named James Alan

Pretty sure hes more English than Polish.
Correct, to a point, he is whichever of his 'dual nationalities' he feels more in tune with. For me, I always felt Irish, even though I grew up in Liverpool, I eventually went back to Ireland full time and gave the last 24 years of my working life there and have always held the Irish passport, to which I was entitled. If I had have had the ability of Pele, I would have played for Ireland, because I believe that is my country and it is certainly my heritage.

My brothers however, even if they had have been professional footballers, would not have chosen to play for Ireland as it was easier to get a cap. They considered themselves as English and would have only wanted to play for their country. As I say, it's a very personal decision, but, I'm sure James Tarkowski, with the Polish name, thinks of himself as English in much the same way as I, with the Scouse accent, think of myself as Irish.

I did say from a football ambition perspective.

I dont get the identification with nationality tbh. I'm an internationalist.

I did say from a football ambition perspective.

I dont get the identification with nationality tbh. I'm an internationalist.
I agree Dave, from a football ambition perspective,the thing is, perhaps his football ambition is to play for the country he believes,quite correctly, to be his. Tarkowski, in all probability wants to be an England international, if he sees himself as English and wants to play for his country, fair play to him. I know players have done it in the past, notably in Jack Charlton's time as Ireland manager, but, if those players wanted to play for a country where they would have more chance of getting a game, that is their business, in much the same way as James Tarkowski wanting to play for England is his decision. It is not for anybody other than him to say what he should do, for either football or personal reasons.

I suppose really, it is admirable that he has chosen to stick it out and try to become a regular for the country which he obviously believes to be his.

Status
Not open for further replies.