2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at his best but still decent at the defending...........passing was awful
Was just about to post the same - difficult game to play as a centre back our midfield totally outgunned and Maddison popping up in pockets of space, hard to mark or go with him. That said, his passing was really poor, few times he tried to bring it out of defence and turned it over in dangerous areas under no pressure at all.

It is, that's why professional players and managers never watch back the game afterward because they can't actually see it for real on the TV.
I have three different mates who work for football clubs. One at Arsenal ladies, one formerly at Brighton HA men and now at some German outfit, and one at Reading. Through them, I've met a 4th guy that does the same job they do...

Video analysis.

The managers and players spend several hours a week going over footage from previous games, that footage selected and presented by the chaps I mentioned above. In addition to watching the full broadcast, the players are also presented with edited footage to show them patterns in their play, areas of strength and areas of weakness.

I'm surprised that you think the above doesn't happen in football, given that it is standard in Rugby Union, Rugby League, American Football and a host of other sports too.

Ideally we need a quicker CB to partner him or Coady. Teams know that there is more onus on them to get up to the half-way line at home and try expose their lack of pace.

I have three different mates who work for football clubs. One at Arsenal ladies, one formerly at Brighton HA men and now at some German outfit, and one at Reading. Through them, I've met a 4th guy that does the same job they do...

Video analysis.

The managers and players spend several hours a week going over footage from previous games, that footage selected and presented by the chaps I mentioned above. In addition to watching the full broadcast, the players are also presented with edited footage to show them patterns in their play, areas of strength and areas of weakness.

I'm surprised that you think the above doesn't happen in football, given that it is standard in Rugby Union, Rugby League, American Football and a host of other sports too.
Yes I know I was being sarcastic

Status
Not open for further replies.