Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your thoughts on him mate?

….I have to admit to not watching him closely but from what I’ve seen he’s a proper old fashioned type defender who likes to defend. He looks quite mobile to me which is a plus & he doesn’t lack for attitude, plays like a game of footy matters. He’s robust and plays plenty of games.

I suppose his age and CV are negatives & I don’t think he’s a ball playing, classy CB.

Lampard clearly wants a CB with a strong attitude and leadership qualities who he can rely on to play regularly. From that perspective, he meets the requirements.

Fair enough, they overlapped at Burnley for 3 months and never played together, the lad was bought as Keane's replacement,
He got relegated, Keane nearly.

The old fashion centre half is antiquated, he is not mobile enough, all teams with pace destroy our back four.

MCFC - Stones & Laporte have pace and height.
LFC - all their defence has pace and height.
Chelsea - see above.
Manure - no pace but height, case rested m'lord.

As previously stated, we both have different opinions on him, if he signed I would welcome him as an Everton player, do i want him? No!

we can go to and fro but I will let it go now as you don't want too!! ;)

If anything he should be offered a 2-year deal with a club option for a third one, with wages to represent him being the mainstay of a team that's just been relegated to the second tier of English football. If he's not happy with those terms, he's welcome to look elsewhere. Decent squad option while we look to consolidate ourselves around the midtable mark before moving into the new stadium and use any available transfer funds on other areas of the team.

….I have to admit to not watching him closely but from what I’ve seen he’s a proper old fashioned type defender who likes to defend. He looks quite mobile to me which is a plus & he doesn’t lack for attitude, plays like a game of footy matters. He’s robust and plays plenty of games.

I suppose his age and CV are negatives & I don’t think he’s a ball playing, classy CB.

Lampard clearly wants a CB with a strong attitude and leadership qualities who he can rely on to play regularly. From that perspective, he meets the requirements.

He wants a player who can replicate all of Mina’s qualities, but who doesn‘t break every time he trips over a feather.

If anything he should be offered a 2-year deal with a club option for a third one, with wages to represent him being the mainstay of a team that's just been relegated to the second tier of English football. If he's not happy with those terms, he's welcome to look elsewhere. Decent squad option while we look to consolidate ourselves around the midtable mark before moving into the new stadium and use any available transfer funds on other areas of the team.

So basically, don’t sign him.

Do you think that strong attitude and leadership qualities justify the reported £120k a week?

This stinks so much of an Everton signing. Ashley Williams all over again.

Good post as always mate.

I tend to think of Lampard will naturally look at his playing days and the types of players and types of attitudes that enabled that success, it's a natural that he would do tbh.

It's why the old fashioned snide but good leader/attitude is kinda a given he'd want to have (given Terry's influence being integral to that Chelsea team even when his pace had gone).

Think It's also why we will see him looking as a priority for effectively a copy of himself (Gallacher fits that mould)

And a dm who can do the same thing (lesser level) as he had several players perform at Chelsea doing in his playing days.

Think lampard prob sees him as a body on the line defender in the john terry mould

depends on who we shift.
90k a week is £5m a year. Over 5 year is 25m.
We moan about his wages and age but we would not get a better CB for less then £25 transfer fee and then wages similar on top.
It’s good business
That's a fair point, and if we're shifting around half a mil off the wages then not such a bad bit of business. Needs must and all that.

I rate what attributes he brings which as a team we sorely lack mate, leadership, organisation, bring good in the air and being a snide/gritty player.

Is he Baresi, nope, does he bring something we have badly missed for 4-5 seasons, yup
All of them qualities you quoted were also the ones Ashley Williams possessed, look how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.