Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss idea.

Sign burnleys first choice centre half and watch him fall over and gift goals for years. Then go back and sign the fella who replaced him and has subsequently got relegated whilst our crap version stayed up.

STOP SIGNING RELEGATED PLAYERS AND MAYBE WE WONT BE GOING BACKWARDS EVERY SEASON
Just not true. Good players get relegated.

Please no to this one. Yet another defender for a team thats let loads of goals in and been relegated. Not saying just cos he's been relegated but come on our scouting has got to be better than looking at relegated clubs first surely.

Please no to this one. Yet another defender for a team thats let loads of goals in and been relegated. Not saying just cos he's been relegated but come on our scouting has got to be better than looking at relegated clubs first surely.

How did they let loads of goals in mate?

Why did we? They never played together, Tarkowski was bought as Keane's replacement, their partner was Mee for both of them at Burnley.
Never said they played together, I said we chose Keane over Tarkowski!

We can go backwards and forwards on pros and cons of a player, you obviously rate him, I dont.

I'd take him only if it was to replace one of Holgate/Keane and so long as we're looking to still purchase a starting centre half. Do not want us going into the season with options of an injured Mina, Keane, Holgate, Branthwaite and Tarkowski.

Boss idea.

Sign burnleys first choice centre half and watch him fall over and gift goals for years. Then go back and sign the fella who replaced him and has subsequently got relegated whilst our crap version stayed up.

STOP SIGNING RELEGATED PLAYERS AND MAYBE WE WONT BE GOING BACKWARDS EVERY SEASON
Pickford & gana were both relegated

Likes of robertson was also relegated, their will be a lot more too

Figure from the most reliable of the sources about our interest has it at 90k pw mate (telegraph), which for a player who is on a free, and quite highly rated in a lot of circles, is I'd say the going rate .
If he had one year left it's the same as a 5-6m fee and 55k pw which few would bat an eye at
About 2 mill difference over 4 year deal.

How did they let loads of goals in mate?
By letting the ball go in that goal thing. 53 was enough to get them relegated average around 1.5 a game meaning you need to score 2 in every game to win. I think we should be looking for better you obviously don't fair enough. I'd suggest if there was anybody to take from Burnley it would be the keeper who every time I've seen him play has been outstanding whys that i wonder? because the defence in front of him wasn't good enough maybe?

Never said they played together, I said we chose Keane over Tarkowski!

We can go backwards and forwards on pros and cons of a player, you obviously rate him, I dont.

I rate what attributes he brings which as a team we sorely lack mate, leadership, organisation, bring good in the air and being a snide/gritty player.

Is he Baresi, nope, does he bring something we have badly missed for 4-5 seasons, yup

We have branthwait who im convinced will play for England. He needs a defender around him to learn from with a steady head.
This transfer works on a lot of levels.
I think Mina will leave
Mina has to go, can't have someone in the squad who is made of glass, HOWEVER, all other teams know this !! Can't see us getting a decent fee for him at all, any probable fee will be structured around his injury woes.

Can he pass, is he comfortable on the ball? Modern defenders need the above skills plus defending skills.

Sick of buying players who can't pass a ball

Status
Not open for further replies.