Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no to this one. Yet another defender for a team thats let loads of goals in and been relegated. Not saying just cos he's been relegated but come on our scouting has got to be better than looking at relegated clubs first surely.
53 goals.

Around the same number as West Ham and better than Man Utd.

Burnley's issue was goal scoring.

Never said they played together, I said we chose Keane over Tarkowski!

We can go backwards and forwards on pros and cons of a player, you obviously rate him, I dont.

That's like saying we chose Keane over every other cb on the planet though mate, there was absolutely zero factor of us buying Tarkowski as he'd been bought by Burnley 4 months before we bought Keane off them.

53 goals.

Around the same number as West Ham and better than Man Utd.

Burnley's issue was goal scoring.
In their case there’s a good argument for the two being linked though. The way they set up limits the possibility of goals at both ends, so judging him on how many they concede doesn’t really work unless we intend to copy that style. I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him or that he can’t adapt but I can definitely see why people are concerned about it.

Might help stop us conceding from every corner against us. He's a good defender, unfussy with good positional sense. If Godfrey can improve back to his form from 20/21 season those 2 can be our centre back partnership. He marshalls a defence well also. Surprised Newcastle aren't all over him tbh. We leak like a sieve at the back so this signing definitely makes sense.

…ha, ha, interesting if this sets the standard as the first gash transfer thread of the summer.

Seems odd if Burnley do business after reporting us for financial irregularity.

I think he's out of contract Eggs, so it won't be in Burnley's hands anyway. Any business here would be with the player or his agent.

In their case there’s a good argument for the two being linked though. The way they set up limits the possibility of goals at both ends, so judging him on how many they concede doesn’t really work unless we intend to copy that style. I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him or that he can’t adapt but I can definitely see why people are concerned about it.

For me mate it comes down to a few things, watching them v us I hate Tarkowski, he's the one who gets them organized and horrible to play vs. I kinda like that attitude in a cb.

Right now if Mina isn't playing I'm petrified about the others without him as they become massive jellyfish, with Mina they all look way more solid, think Tarkowski has the same effect on a defence (regardless of his individual ability)

Lampard seemed to want us to set up in a high line. I'm not sure Tarkowski does that, but he will be available regularly and limit our defensive mistakes.

Everyone who says he only plays well because Burnley sit deep.....can we find heat maps of where the Burnley defence set up positonally compared to ours just to get a sense of how much deeper Burnley actually sit.

We don't exactly play a high line ourselves and unless we get 2 new full backs and 2 new centre halves, I don't think we'll be in the position to play a high line either.

It would be interesting to see how nuch higher we set up as a team positionally compared to Burnley if anyone knows how to get heat maps up and compare them

Status
Not open for further replies.