2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have known he wasn't wanted earlier when the window was open for better footballing nations, especially if, as has been suggested on here, that he's leaving is down to Benítez not liking him.
He was trying so hard to stay at Everton, so when the windows were shut, he was sure to be able to help the team. He was fit and ready to play. But Benitez said no and sabotaged us.

Its not just about the goals though we are not currently giving too many chances away to the opposition whereas under Carlo at the seasons start we were getting cut through every game needing to score 3 goals to get 3 points why do you think he went 4 CB's at the back? Why do you think he changed things and started playing for 1-0 tight wins every weekend despite having 2x 12+ goal a season forwards up top? Why was Doucoure not let off the leash to bomb forward?

The answer is because of players like James & Siggurdsson too slow, too immobile, not been able to do their defensive duties.

Dress it up as much as you wants thats the truth. Doucoure can burst forward because he isn't babysitting one of the above defensively all game, Coleman isn't getting doubled up on as Townsend is covering him all game whereas James left him up the creek without a paddle.

The revisionism of last season is hilarious we went from peak Martinez at the start to peak Alladyce come the end.
Because he had an injury list that contained a full squads worth of players........

You know, the same excuse you have been using for benitez over the weekend.

aye true

that being said, the Asian Cup a few years ago, nobody from Qatar other than the team were allowed into the UAE and IIRC no fans were allowed in attendance at Qatari games
Correct.

It was all rather bitter.

When the last drama kicked off (Over Iranian influence) Qataris had 48hrs to leave. (and Vice Versa with Emiratis in Qatar.) Doesn't matter if you had a business with 100's of employees, you're out. I could travel for work but id need to fly via Oman or Kuwait, a 50 min flight took up half a day.

The World Cup was always the carrot. Qatar needs the GCC on board, they don't have the hotel rooms for one thing.

He was trying so hard to stay at Everton, so when the windows were shut, he was sure to be able to help the team. He was fit and ready to play. But Benitez said no and sabotaged us.
If I’m trying super hard to impress my manager and be in my peak physical shape I’m probably not hanging out smoking on luxury yachts, I’d probably be at finch farm putting the hours in and knocking on Benitez’ door saying I’m ready to contribute.
Maybe Benitez made it perfectly clear his door was never open to James, who knows, but I’m not having that he was pushing his hardest to stay this season.

Rubbish he played pre-season & acted like a statue - we have a manager who is trying to get rid of a prima donna on very high wages who his club country refused to play him as he was unfit.....

Because he had an injury list that contained a full squads worth of players........

You know, the same excuse you have been using for benitez over the weekend.

Come off it he went defensive after the Southampton game 6 games in - he never had horrendous injuries for 32 games straight.

He went defensive as he knew persisting with players like James playing open football wasn't the answer long term as teams had started to work us out i.e double up on Coleman as James offered zero protection to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.