2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Rodriguez is not going to be the poster boy. He might not be selected even

He'll be the poster boy of Qatar's league. Qatar, the nation state, that has bought its way into FIFA and a WC.

So either he helps publicise the league prior to the WC, or he's selected in the squad having already played in the league. Either way from Qatar's standpoint it's a coup.

We all laughed at Mr k before james signed when he said he won't like playing in winter and also will stipulate a break every so often for him when he wants. He's already proven that to be so.

But a gap year in dubai and a kick about with semi pros when he feels like it for leasure. Still on evertons ledger. Thats some going.
Do your research, the UAE and Qatar hate each other

West brom scored a free kick and a long range effort Pickford should have saved.

Asif you are tryna blame that on Rodriquez hahahahahaha.

We've conceded in every game so for this except one. Why are you making out we are now defending like prime Italy without Rodriguez

Its not just about the goals though we are not currently giving too many chances away to the opposition whereas under Carlo at the seasons start we were getting cut through every game needing to score 3 goals to get 3 points why do you think he went 4 CB's at the back? Why do you think he changed things and started playing for 1-0 tight wins every weekend despite having 2x 12+ goal a season forwards up top? Why was Doucoure not let off the leash to bomb forward?

The answer is because of players like James & Siggurdsson too slow, too immobile, not been able to do their defensive duties.

Dress it up as much as you wants thats the truth. Doucoure can burst forward because he isn't babysitting one of the above defensively all game, Coleman isn't getting doubled up on as Townsend is covering him all game whereas James left him up the creek without a paddle.

The revisionism of last season is hilarious we went from peak Martinez at the start to peak Alladyce come the end.

Well exactly.

He was in training videos seen before the game.

Then the manager says it was the player who came out and said he didn't feel right.

You may believe that, you may not.

The player hasn't been shy about sharing updates in the past so if the manager was flat out telling lies I'm quite sure he'd have countered it.
He hasn't come out and said anything about benitez really though. His updates are that he has been ready if its his turn and that he has been training. I suspect that will change once it has confirmed he has left.

Its not just about the goals though we are not currently giving too many chances away to the opposition whereas under Carlo at the seasons start we were getting cut through every game needing to score 3 goals to get 3 points why do you think he went 4 CB's at the back? Why do you think he was playing for 1-0 tight wins every weekend despite having 2x 12+ goal a season forwards up top. Why was Doucoure not let off the leash to bomb forward?

The answer is because of players of players like James & Siggurdsson too slow, too immobile, not been able to do their defensive duties.

Dress it up as much as you wants thats the truth. Doucoure can burst forward because he isn't babysitting one of the above defensively all game, Coleman isn't getting doubled up on as Townsend is covering him all game whereas James left him up the creek without a paddle.

The revisionism of last season is hilarious we went from peak Silva at the start to peak Alladyce come the end.
Well I'll counter that by saying our first 4 games game against 3 winless teams.

The only decent side we have played was villa and they put 3 past us ( I know we was missing players )

Having one player in your team in the last 3rd who doesn't run around like a headless chicken defending isn't going to stop you conceding chances every game.

I can get arguements saying oh he doesn't wanna be here and/or he doesn't suit the sysyem etc ( disagree still ) but to just argue we defend better without an attacking player is bizarre

Can see why carlo let him away with so much including traveling private jet while his team mates lose out on Europe. He would have said 'sorry James for bringing you here as I'm 'cking off to Madrid' have a good one.

It comes and goes. As my former Chairman said (Who was previously UAE ambassador to the US):

"Arabs never fix anything, we just forget why we argue until something reminds us."
aye true

that being said, the Asian Cup a few years ago, nobody from Qatar other than the team were allowed into the UAE and IIRC no fans were allowed in attendance at Qatari games

Status
Not open for further replies.