2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s actually going to UAE then to me he doesn’t have the right attitude and hunger for the premier league.
Yes he can make lots more money on top of the riches already accrued playing for top European clubs but surely he would rather wait until the January window and back himself to get a move to somewhere more competitive, even if it meant cutting the weekly wage. I have no doubt he could pick up a 3-5mil a year contract in a top league and we’d waive the transfer fee to get him gone but if he doesn’t fancy it then I’d have to say I think Benitez is right on this one as much as I loved watching James last season.
So if he goes, he doesn't have the hunger we want. If he stays, the manager refuses to play him and he gets slated for sitting on his backside. He can't win.

Hopefully he has a new club by the end of the week, if so BIG questions need to be asked about Brands, sounds like Rafael is capable of getting his wages off the books but Marcel couldn't, if so whats the point of having a DOF at the club, he is no longer needed.
So everything you consider negative is thrown at the club, brands, moshiri etc, what you consider positive is put on benitez?

You literally have zero inside track of the conversations in the club and who is dealing with this but you are praising benitez for it?

A DoF can't force a player out the door. A manager can't force a player out the door.

A manager can help make a players mind up to leave by not selecting him.
I get that but it seems over the summer Brands has become a bit irrelevant, by all accounts the in players came from the manager, Brands has been treding water for a while.

So he wasn’t injured ? I can’t keep track .

Basically can I Just check this is right we are moving a player, who by any metric did ok last season , out of the club after our window has shut when we couldn’t fill our bench at the weekend ?
This is the reality when the manager is having a nervous breakdown because he is fixated with James.

The irony is that when he gets booted as a result of this he could well end up in the deserts of Qatar with James and the cycle would continue. It is weird and fascinating in equal measure

So everything you consider negative is thrown at the club, brands, moshiri etc, what you consider positive is put on benitez?

You literally have zero inside track of the conversations in the club and who is dealing with this but you are praising benitez for it?
Likewise you literally have zero inside track of the conversation so what is teh point of your comment

No not at all, Moshiri appointed the manager, so he gets credit for that, he has finally got one right, same as the stadium, but its hard to stick up for Brands as we can all see the squad options and the issues that haven't been addressed by the DOF

I get that but it seems over the summer Brands has become a bit irrelevant, by all accounts the in players came from the manager, Brands has been treding water for a while.
He seems to have been focused on scaling down the Under 18's/ Under 23's in recent months had talked about creating better pathways for players (when Carlo was here)

This is the reality when the manager is having a nervous breakdown because he is fixated with James.

The irony is that when he gets booted as a result of this he could well end up in the deserts of Qatar with James and the cycle would continue. It is weird and fascinating in equal measure
i get he doesn’t fancy him and has clearly bombed him out but we had people explain he was deffo injured , not committed and greedy and only going to a backwater like the Middle East because he’s finished the same people who explained it was perfectly reasonable for the manager to chase the money to China .

if the window was open then I’d understand this , I just find it difficult to square when we’re clearly short of bodies, can’t add but we actually actively reduce it .

So if he goes, he doesn't have the hunger we want. If he stays, the manager refuses to play him and he gets slated for sitting on his backside. He can't win.
Exactly James just need to decide for himself, in life it is our decision that matters. Never mind what other people says.
Life is too short to be bothered by everything.

Likewise you literally have zero inside track of the conversation so what is teh point of your comment
Because there's zero evidence to praise benitez for finding him a club..... or to blame brands for not finding him one. Which is why I haven't blamed or praised either of them for doing so.

There is evidence that James is fit (even townsend has said he is training hard and with the squad and was ready) and could have been on the bench at least for the last few games but the manager hasn't picked him and I will blame him for that when we don't even have a full bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.