2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn’t have been paying half his wages if he was on 90k.

Point being, he didn’t want to take a pay cut. Which is fine, im not judging that. He wants to make as much money as possible while barely having to play. But let’s not pretend then that he’s “Up the toffees”

I don't think anybody has ever pretended that at all.
I've had no illusion that all that he wants to be here. But plenty of players don't want to be where they're at.

I'm angry at Everton weakening their squad when they can't bring anyone in.

I'm angry that our business this summer has been so poor in terms of missing out on targets in midfield and right-back - as in, failing to bolster key positions. We've left ourselves short at left-back, we've lost a good academy product.

The club is a mess above the manager. And I'm sick of it.

James Rodriguez leaves Dubai, to another Gulf country to listen to the offers.. This morning he conducted medical examinations in Dubai.. Everton is open with the exit. The most important thing is that the player ends his personal conditions

It says in that Twitter thread that “Everton will take care of a large part of the salary”! How does this help with FFP or whatever the constraints are? Only Everton could end up subsidising a club in a country where money literally pumps out of the ground by the second. Happy to see him go but I thought we’d actually get his wage off the books.

It says in that Twitter thread that “Everton will take care of a large part of the salary”! How does this help with FFP or whatever the constraints are? Only Everton could end up subsidising a club in a country where money literally pumps out of the ground by the second. Happy to see him go but I thought we’d actually get his wage off the books.

If he was really on 90k there’s no chance we’d be covering part of his wages to send him to Qatar.

Loads wanted Gana to stay! (there was always some idiot who thought he "couldn't pass a ball" of course).

But the ones who want Rodriguez to stay are not necessarily the same people who were not "arsed" about Gana.

You keep doing this! Stop lumping everyone into groups!
But you are only allowed to be arsed about one thing!

Huge difference here anyway. Gana wasnt being forced out by an obstinate manager.

There was a poster yesterday (I forget who) who was so sympathetic to James' plight that Everton "should just pay all of his wages so he gets a chance to play."

Bless.

In all fairness that part of the world (Middle East) is perfect for a mercenary like James. He's found excuse after excuse for not playing since joining us for a cushy non-playing role under his footballing father, Ancelotti. Since it's come out that Carlo was just here purely for the money, I've no doubt at all that he told James he's welcome to join and just join in as and when he saw fit. Now he has the chance to earn fat, tax-free stacks in Dubai and live in a 6-star luxury hotel, all with that Gulf Coast backdrop to enhance his JR10 personal brand, I'm sure it'll be concluded very quickly.

I know that it didn't work out, and it's at least partly JR's fault that he didnt work hard, or get fit or whatever. I know he didn't show the right attitude. But i'm really angry that our 'football strategy' or our 'plan' is so f'd up that one year ago we can have Ancelotti & James, and do a pretty good job of promoting that signing, and just 10-12 months later, he is just kicked out.

Of course I'm upset that a star like James couldn't make it here, and we couldn't see some great skills and passes and goals, but more importantly the fault is not with James, but with Brands and the board, for moving from
Koeman to Allardyce to Silva to (maybe Unsworth or Ferguson) to Ancelotti to Benitez. What is our plan?
In that time we have gone from having a 'philosophy' which looks like Chelsea to Leicester to Dortmund to Ajax to Chelsea to Man City to a club in China back to Newcastle or yuck.

I'm really happy with the progress this year though, apart from yesterday, and hope PIckford, Godfrey, Digne, Seamus, Allan, Doucoure, DCL, Richy, Gray, Townsend can carry us through!

He could have done but that deal wouldn't have benefitted us.

We were never getting Diaz (Porto chairman wanted 68m buy out clause) and we'd have been paying half of James' wages.

He should have gone there, for him, but probably thought he might be able to stick it out here? Clearly that's not the case and maybe Qatar /UAE are at least going to pay his wages so in that sense, Everton don't lose out and pay him to play elsehwere.

If it was all about money, though, he could have gone to Turkey and he'd have been paid his full salary to play for them.

If it's the Blanc project in Qatar, it's probably a lot to do with being their big poster boy ahead of the 2022 WC...

The evidence suggests we would have been more than happy to let him go regardless of the Diaz move. We wanted his wages off the books, not getting Diaz wouldn't have changed that.

Some positive news could come from.this though. Young Gordan has talent and will get more playing time if James goes.
My dad somehow thinks Gordon is good, yet I think he's terrible. Are you one of the older generation? No offence intended by that, but I think many older fans allow their judgements to be clouded by where players come from. Gordon will be lucky to make it in the Championship, never mind the Premier. He's literally not done a thing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.