2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have done but that deal wouldn't have benefitted us.

We were never getting Diaz (Porto chairman wanted 68m buy out clause) and we'd have been paying half of James' wages.

He should have gone there, for him, but probably thought he might be able to stick it out here? Clearly that's not the case and maybe Qatar /UAE are at least going to pay his wages so in that sense, Everton don't lose out and pay him to play elsehwere.

If it was all about money, though, he could have gone to Turkey and he'd have been paid his full salary to play for them.

If it's the Blanc project in Qatar, it's probably a lot to do with being their big poster boy ahead of the 2022 WC...

We wouldn’t have been paying half his wages if he was on 90k.

Point being, he didn’t want to take a pay cut. Which is fine, im not judging that. He wants to make as much money as possible while barely having to play. But let’s not pretend then that he’s “Up the toffees”

@nsno-chris trying to explain to Grand Old Team how James was really on two-bob a week at Everton...

math-problems-math-solutions.gif
And I won Dave, with fahcts

Gutted I won't actually get to see him in the flesh, but equally not gutted he's leaving.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't want to be here, and you down tools, why would I want him?

Look at Gana Gueye... Wanted the PSG move, we asked him to hold fire, and he subsequently remained professional, and turned in some quality performances.

Ever since James got dropped by Colombia, he just seemed to complete switch off. If there was still a hunger in there, he'd be fighting and chomping at the bit to get back in their squad ahead of the World Cup next year. If he can't be arsed for them, why is he going to be for us?

Thanks for some great memories, but time to go.

For a start "once agaain" is a generalisation in view of the many ridiiculous commenst offered on his forum by people withot the slightest shred of evidence. Are you suggestijng that most Everton players do not have an affiliation with the club?

No I am saying most players would move on if an offer from a bigger club came in.

That is in no way a ridiculous comment. They are human, they will go wherever works best for them. There have been countless instances of players who did have an "affiliation" with us moving on too.

Got to be honest it's a really weird thing to get narky about.

James Rodriguez leaves Dubai, to another Gulf country to listen to the offers.. This morning he conducted medical examinations in Dubai.. Everton is open with the exit. The most important thing is that the player ends his personal conditions

Gutted I won't actually get to see him in the flesh, but equally not gutted he's leaving.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't want to be here, and you down tools, why would I want him?

Look at Gana Gueye... Wanted the PSG move, we asked him to hold fire, and he subsequently remained professional, and turned in some quality performances.

Ever since James got dropped by Colombia, he just seemed to complete switch off. If there was still a hunger in there, he'd be fighting and chomping at the bit to get back in their squad ahead of the World Cup next year. If he can't be arsed for them, why is he going to be for us?

Thanks for some great memories, but time to go.

Whats mad is our fans are more arsed about losing this fella than they were Gana who was head and shoulders more important to us same as Lukaku.

Imagine Gana alongside Allan with Doucoure given licence to bomb forward - wow

Whats mad is our fans are more arsed about losing this fella than they were Gana who was head and shoulders more important to us same as Lukaku.

Imagine Gana alongside Allan with Doucoure given licence to bomb forward - wow

Loads wanted Gana to stay! (there was always some idiot who thought he "couldn't pass a ball" of course).

But the ones who want Rodriguez to stay are not necessarily the same people who were not "arsed" about Gana.

You keep doing this! Stop lumping everyone into groups!

Status
Not open for further replies.