2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it mad that there’s an assumption that Benitez has been cruelly holding back a dedicated, committed professional who has been dying to get on the pitch and bleed blue despite all the evidence to the contrary from the end of last season. Basically, manager after manager have seen through him, right up to his national boss. Even his “Dad” Ancellotti didn’t take him to Madrid again. He’s just simply unreliable, be that because of attitude or fitness, he has illustrated time and again he simply can’t be counted upon and is not worth the wages he still thinks he is. The fact that he’s basically going to the Zingari of the Desert at 30 yo is evidence of this. He’ll just pull the same stunts with his new employers.

He could have gone to Portugal and played at a good standard, where the fans would have liked him and he could have been a big part of their team. He would have got minutes if he’d worked hard.

Instead, he’s looking to be off to Qatar where most PL players could succeed with their legs tied together.

Why can’t people just admit he’s not arsed about club football other than the pay cheque and getting to play for Colombia.

Hahaha.

Even ignoring the fact that no sane business would add up the cost of a contract to include an optional third year, £20m over three years is £130k a week. Not £90k.

Just admit you’re wrong, it’s not hard.
What?? It’s an expenditure against the club so yes they would

And secondly, I never said it was £20m for wages; I said it was £90k for wages and additional fees. So that total outlay of his contract was £20m

like I sad, carry on

:coffee:

422 pages on a "player" that hasnt played this season, crazy how much time this "cash cow" has eeked out of us and for that reason "im out"

*heads to Old Everton Pics thread to remember why we are all here!

Adios Hamez

Why don't you use the full quote?

"He was having a little problem and we decided we have to wait, so he was not available. That's it."

"We will see if he's fit for the next game and then we will decide."
Nothing here implies that he was necessarily injured. It is general and imprecise, and suggests more that it is something subjective.

What?? It’s an expenditure against the club so yes they would

And secondly, I never said it was £20 for wages; I said it was £90k for wages and additional fees. So that total outlay of his contract was £20m

like I sad, carry on

:coffee:

It’s not an expenditure until the third year is taken up. That’s the whole point of it being an optional year.

So you’re saying he’s getting £6m in additional fees ?

Can you break that down please, as you have the detail.

Still about £130k rather than £90k, about a 45% increase!

And there is no way we would account for a completely optional period which was at that point not contractually binding!
£90k per week x 3 year contract = £14m

The he’ll have a bumper signing on fee; the snake Jorge Mendes ain’t leaving that deal without his hand being brushed with silver

The entirety is published as £20m; which is what cost Everton (there or there about) to get him here.

He could have gone to Portugal and played at a good standard, where the fans would have liked him and he could have been a big part of their team. He would have got minutes if he’d worked hard.

Instead, he’s looking to be off to Qatar where most PL players could succeed with their legs tied together.

Why can’t people just admit he’s not arsed about club football other than the pay cheque and getting to play for Colombia.
He could have done but that deal wouldn't have benefitted us.

We were never getting Diaz (Porto chairman wanted 68m buy out clause) and we'd have been paying half of James' wages.

He should have gone there, for him, but probably thought he might be able to stick it out here? Clearly that's not the case and maybe Qatar /UAE are at least going to pay his wages so in that sense, Everton don't lose out and pay him to play elsehwere.

If it was all about money, though, he could have gone to Turkey and he'd have been paid his full salary to play for them.

If it's the Blanc project in Qatar, it's probably a lot to do with being their big poster boy ahead of the 2022 WC...

Remember when he did nothing at home to 20th place already relegated Sheff Utd and tried getting himself sent off as he was been given the run around by their yard dog midfield?

but how will we ever cope without him!

6th in the table scoring goals for fun until as usual we get about 50 injuries in the space of a week.

I'd have liked him to have stayed. Can do a job better than most, especially when we are only naming 8 subs. Which I found just baffling

James doesn't know what that means.

He's a supremely naturally gifted footballer who can't be arsed being a professional footballer.

@nsno-chris trying to explain to Grand Old Team how James was really on two-bob a week at Everton...

math-problems-math-solutions.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.