2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just too convenient that a lot of sources last year were saying £100k a week , and then as soon as Everton really needed rid, it became £200k a week.

So you're probably looking at somewhere in between actually being the case.

I can live with somewhere in the middle, you're never going to know exactly what the figure was/is unless the contract ever turns up on football leaks.

The bit I can't believe is that we've apparently got fans who think that super agent Jorge Mendes negotiated a contract at Everton which would see James earn less than Gylfi Sigurdsson, Yerry Mina, Bernard etc presumably simply because he just wanted to play for his mate Carlo so badly.

Which is less believable?

I would usually agree with @nsno-chris on most things. Just not on this one.

That's football, not a big deal.
His head's fallen off over Benitez.

James was only ever a hammer to beat Benitez with. That hammer has been taken away.

I just wish he'd get behind the team now. Hopefully we see him and others holding out turn over a new leaf now that this wastrel has been sold.

Because it is true of most footballers unless you have an affiliation with the club.

It's just common sense. The sooner people realize that the better. That way its less messy when a player goes. We need to get into a position where that is not the case but even that is hard.

Also what do you mean "once again"? We have never interacted!
For a start "once agaain" is a generalisation in view of the many ridiiculous commenst offered on his forum by people withot the slightest shred of evidence. Are you suggestijng that most Everton players do not have an affiliation with the club?

I do find it mad that there’s an assumption that Benitez has been cruelly holding back a dedicated, committed professional who has been dying to get on the pitch and bleed blue despite all the evidence to the contrary from the end of last season. Basically, manager after manager have seen through him, right up to his national boss. Even his “Dad” Ancellotti didn’t take him to Madrid again. He’s just simply unreliable, be that because of attitude or fitness, he has illustrated time and again he simply can’t be counted upon and is not worth the wages he still thinks he is. The fact that he’s basically going to the Zingari of the Desert at 30 yo is evidence of this. He’ll just pull the same stunts with his new employers.

Let me quote Benitez: "For this game, he was a little bit concerned about his muscle".

This does not imply that JR was injured, but that JR himself does not feel ready to play.

On the other hand, both player, club and manager probably knew about this deal and would not take any chances - which is quite reasonable.
Why don't you use the full quote?

"He was having a little problem and we decided we have to wait, so he was not available. That's it."

"We will see if he's fit for the next game and then we will decide."

I can live with somewhere in the middle, you're never going to know exactly what the figure was/is unless the contract ever turns up on football leaks.

The bit I can't believe is that we've apparently got fans who think that super agent Jorge Mendes negotiated a contract at Everton which would see James earn less than Gylfi Sigurdsson, Yerry Mina, Bernard etc presumably simply because he just wanted to play for his mate Carlo so badly.

Which is less believable?

Oh I have no doubt he was/is our highest earner.

That literally starts off with a factual inaccuracy - it says we paid £20m for him. So we are expected to ignore that bit but believe the rest?

In any case, to give you the benefit of the doubt here, "wages" are a pretty big catch-all term for what someone earns. I've no doubt that James's cost to Everton is up there with the £200k per week figures being quoted, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's all basic wages - part of it will probably be a generous signing bonus which is spread over the length of his contract, as we did with Bernard. The £20m fee that was thrown about in the early days might well simply be the cost of the deal to us over the length of James's contract - we know that none of that went to Madrid in the form of a transfer fee.
The initial reports all said it was a 20m pound deal.

It then emerged that Madrid let him go for free just to get him off the books.

He signed a 2-year deal with an option of a third.

20'000'000 Divided by 104 weeks = 192,307 pounds a week.

Truth is, without seeing his bank transfers nobody knows. It's all speculation.

I doubt he was on less than 100k as the image above suggests. I doubt he was on less than our biggest earner, who I think is Mina. If I had to guess it would be in the 120/150 range.

What's undeniable is the manager doesn't see him as an integral part of the team. That maybe down to fitness, attitude or a simple distaste based on personal agendas. Whatever the reason there's absolutely no point his sticking around whatever the money is.

He didn’t run a lot, let’s be honest and he’s not defensive.
He’s off, let’s move on

So what if he didn't sprint around? He does things other players can't. Not one of our players scores 4/6 goals he scored for us last year. Not one.

We've currently got a front four available that you'd see rock up play for Norwich and think "yeah, we should beat these"

Status
Not open for further replies.