2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell from the pictures and footage at training that we have assembled a band of brothers. They love training and playing together and none of them want to leave. Just look at Besic, Tosun, and the likes. Everton FC is as close to paradise as you'll find on planet earth.
I know you joke, but it's not a million miles from the truth! I bet it's brilliant being an Everton player. Especially one who gets an insane wage but barely plays.

Good old Iwobi and Towensend can do loads of the ball and can hit a corner flag fast enough mate, neither have majic in their boots & still id have Jamo in my five aside team mate, magic in his boots in spades. Jamo can dictate and change a game, speed it up & slow it down, hes a maker of space and time, he can cut it open in addition to all the other attributes, he's simply special.

I dont think even think the beef is as polarised as people are making out between player and manager, as far as i can see hes involved, hes played in preseason. The topic has become a strange Trojan Horse, in regard to the manager and whether your in or out.

Sadly if we cant find a place for a player of his quality and maverick ability we're lost as a club - there should always be a place for mavericks of his talent at Everton.

I honestly think if you dont enjoy watching Jamo play, then football isnt a sport you are ever going to enjoy.
I saw enough of James in the team last season to see the pattern: that we will be running backwards most of the game when a player doesn't do enough behind the ball.

You have this all wrong:

• James is not the massive influence you suggest him to be - we finished 10th and he was a very large part of the reason we did so
  • The manager doesn't fancy him, as he underlined at Madrid and by asking him to find a new club this summer here
  • The way he's conducted himself in the last 4 months has underlined in spades that he's disinterested in the club and will continue to prove to be disruptive
He will hardly feature if at all this season (or hopefully only to January if we can get shut then).

He is not a Benitez type player and the manager has the right to get results his way.

Just like the way Benitez got an ovation at the first home game, which completely destroyed notions on here that this and other forums with a loud anti-Benitez group were representative of our support, so too will it be proven that this player wont carry any weight amongst the vast majority of Evertonians...they know a piss take when they see it and they wont take too long to let him know it if he ever gets on the pitch and clcoks off as he did under Ancelotti.

Just like the way Benitez got an ovation at the first home game, which completely destroyed notions on here that this and other forums with a loud anti-Benitez group were representative of our support, so too will it be proven that this player wont carry any weight amongst the vast majority of Evertonians...they know a piss take when they see it and they wont take too long to let him know it if he ever gets on the pitch and clcoks off as he did under Ancelotti.
Didnt he and the team also get Boo'ed off the pitch at the end of the first half. Fickle fans....

James 100% doesn’t want the 3rd year triggering either. Mental that people actually think he wants to be here.

That's fine but he clearly wants to be here more than playing in Turkey doesn't he - or he'd have gone to Turkey, on the same money (because Everton were stupid enough to cover his wages).

Nobody reckons he is going to extend his contract and the club/Benitez definitely wouldn't anyway.

But he's here until at least January so why don't we just enjoy that we have a very, very good player in our squad, but one that isn't now going to be relied upon to shoulder all of our creativity.

Six goals.

Thanks Dixie Rodriguez.

Directly (not including the ones he plays the pass before the assist for, which was plenty last season btw) contributed to 14 goals last year.

Sigurdsson and DCL the only ones who contributed to more, both playing at least 15 more games in all comps.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gray, DCL, Rich, Rondon, Doucoure and Iwobi combining with him in the final third in some games.

Directly (not including the ones he plays the pass before the assist for, which was plenty last season btw) contributed to 14 goals last year.

Sigurdsson and DCL the only ones who contributed to more, both playing at least 15 more games in all comps.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gray, DCL, Rich, Rondon, Doucoure and Iwobi combining with him in the final third in some games.
Ha Ha Ha.

I saw enough of James in the team last season to see the pattern: that we will be running backwards most of the game when a player doesn't do enough behind the ball.

You have this all wrong:

• James is not the massive influence you suggest him to be - we finished 10th and he was a very large part of the reason we did so
  • The manager doesn't fancy him, as he underlined at Madrid and by asking him to find a new club this summer here
  • The way he's conducted himself in the last 4 months has underlined in spades that he's disinterested in the club and will continue to prove to be disruptive
He will hardly feature if at all this season (or hopefully only to January if we can get shut then).

He is not a Benitez type player and the manager has the right to get results his way.

Not sure that is an accurate, account of what happened last season, my opinion is our results and bad runs tapered off when he was injured and not in the team. We struggled for a creative force, the line breaker, that could open up a team in one brilliant creative phase of play, as such our strikers goals and the whole team dried up and we tanked. That a pretty significant influence in my opinion.

If the manager doesn't fancy him that his prerogative, im not sure that is the case, if he doesn't he stupid and i dont think he is stupid. I think its speculative. As i said earlier hes already played under manager and been away internationally with im in preseason, he fulfilled all club duties. He hasnt asked for a transfer, he hasn't bad mouthed the club, hes been professional as far as i can see. Its again tr6ying to demonize someone because you turned your face from the player, its a real trait in our fanbase, for very little evidence, not like he did a Rooney on it. I do agree though its the mangers prerogative, he will live and die by results and decisions - not picking Jamo is one. We've both been around the block long enough to know, any good will is a honey moon and two losses and the knives are out for him, at that point Jamo will become a savior. That's how quickly it turns, its inevitable.

The manager will play a dull, systemic, percentage based game - that his MO. It wont get the blood racing and i find it quite amusing that much of the criticism aimed at Moyes historically they are going to get Turbo under this manager. Ultimately football is there to be enjoyed, the natives will get restless of a certain style and we know what happens then.

As i say Jamo is special, Evertonians take to heart players of his skill, quality and Maverick ability, if we cant the club is lost, its part of our culture. I think that is why it doesn't sit well with the majority of Evertonians, playing a statistical, pragmatic, dull game preferred by a manager who isnt one of us, who prefers Iwobis and Townends over the Jamos of this world - who are the epitome of our Maverick school of science culture. Payers like Jamo should be what this club should be about and if we cant find a place for them, we've lost our identity as a club. May as well be Burnlely playing the percentages.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.