2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvert-Lewin on our Columbian superstar.

“I’d seen the great goals he’d scored and the big teams he’d played for. He’s a top, top player and for me, as a centre-forward, I knew chance-creation would be there and it would be down to me to put the ball in the back of the net.

“I’m really enjoying playing with him. He’s a different level. He dictates games.

“He takes players out of games by taking touches. The way he manipulates the ball, he’s very hard to get it off – I don’t think I’ve seen him get tackled, even in training.”

....and only then will the manager of this club turn to him....reluctantly.
Get the feeling you dont like Our Colombian Magician.

Has he.
Ate your last Rolo ?
Kicked your dog ?
Pished through your letterbox ?

You seem to be losing it seeing as he's staying and will grace the hallowed turf again this season.

Come aboard Dave all the pain & angst will disapear.

Laughing here thinking of what the reaction on here would have been if you were told you 12 months ago Andros Townsend and Gray would be keeping James Rodriguiz out of the team.

Its that mental and that level of a poor decision really. There always space for a player of Jamo ability.

P.S. I blame "the manager".
Yeah, Everton really set the world on fire with James last season. 8 wins, 7 draws, 8 losses with him playing in a match. A real hot streak in the 23 premier league games he even played in.

System > one player

Yeah, Everton really set the world on fire with James last season. 8 wins, 7 draws, 8 losses with him playing in a match. A real hot streak in the 23 premier league games he even played in.

System > one player

agree here

but once the system is set there's no reason a quality player like James can't drop in and out

that relies on coaching and I think RB is a good coach

Notable Dom's early season form fizzled out once James got injured.

Yep.

Dom gets his goals from inside the 6-yard box.

Last season, we relied on James to get other players to the byline with his passing, for them to drill it in (one of DCL's goals v WBA, both of his v Fulham, his one v Liverpool in the Goodison derby are immediate examples off the top of my head)

Now I think we have other players who can help us do that now but having a player of James' ability being able to pick out someone with the pace of Gray would be brilliant

agree here

but once the system is set there's no reason a quality player like James can't drop in and out

that relies on coaching and I think RB is a good coach
We'll see. James put in a fair shift defensively a few matches last season but also left wanting in most others.

Status
Not open for further replies.