2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
James is only any use when he's on the ball - We dont play possession based football

James is slow and Immobile - We play counter attacking football requiring pace

He's also weak defensively and isn't a team player hence why Benitez isn't having any of him.

Let's get it right here, not disagreeing with everything your saying but it's not the reason bentinez wont play him.

He's already told the world he plans to use Delph ffs, are you telling me peanut head offers more to the team than James?

James is only any use when he's on the ball - We dont play possession based football

James is slow and Immobile - We play counter attacking football requiring pace

He's also weak defensively and isn't a team player hence why Benitez isn't having any of him.
I don’t know about him not fitting in, I think he could. Part of our problem last season and the season before that was that we didn’t move forward quickly enough, now though that seems to have changed and James needs that. I’m pretty certain that James could pick out Gray and Townsend nicely. Picking out Gray with one of those delicious passes would be a sight to behold, quite devastating for the opposition in fact. We have to make use of what we have.
I don’t like his attitude, I will agree, but it’s not about liking him, it’s about whether he gets the job done. Kind of like Benitez.

I don’t know about him not fitting in, I think he could. Part of our problem last season and the season before that was that we didn’t move forward quickly enough, now though that seems to have changed and James needs that. I’m pretty certain that James could pick out Gray and Townsend nicely. Picking out Gray with one of those delicious passes would be a sight to behold, quite devastating for the opposition in fact. We have to make use of what we have.
I don’t like his attitude, I will agree, but it’s not about liking him, it’s about whether he gets the job done. Kind of like Benitez.

We played the worst brand of dour, slow, weak defensive football last season because we had no pace or energy in the side.

Benitez adds pace and energy and our fans want those players taken out to put in the same slow primadonnas from last season!

Unbelievable.

He's obviously in good shape, but he didn't look fit to me in pre season. His movement was pretty much non-existent when he played.
Tbh I think the issue with James during the preseason, and at the moment, is motivation no fitness. I also think that Benitez is the one to blame for that as before his appointment James stated that he was staying and he wanted to work hard only for Benitez to arrive to tell him he wasn't on his plans and wouldn't count on him. When you don't have the managers confidence and you are told you will be sold then for players like James that need the full support of the manager then it is hard to find passion to play. But if he is not sold this season then him and Benitez better work things out for the good of the team because even if coming from the bench I think he could make a difference in some matches.

We played the worst brand of dour, slow, weak defensive football last season because we had no pace or energy in the side.

Benitez adds pace and energy and our fans want those players taken out to put in the same slow primadonnas from last season!

Unbelievable.
I never said I want them removed, I said he can be used. You know, like substitutes man.

But don't the doctors make that determination not the players? Anyway, I'm not quite sure about that statement regardless, James has played injured before with the NT (according to his own account). My take is that he is a very competitive player and always wants to play, he wants to be part of the 11 players on the field as much as possible he just have calves made of glass :(
Maybe, he does seem to miss a lot of one off games. My understanding is that the decision to play or not to play is made by the training staff in conference with the player, with a lot of minor injuries you can only really get a feel for it by asking the individual how it feels. Everyone has different levels of pain tolerance, I suppose.

Unbelievable.
So that's on Ancelotti no James.

James may not the fastest lad in the squad but his quick thinking passing the ball makes up for it.

I really thought Madrid's fan were the worst when trashing their own player but some Everton fans like you my dear FB92 seem as odious.

James may not the fastest lad in the squad but his quick thinking passing the ball makes up for it.

I really thought Madrid's fan were the worst when trashing their own player but some Everton fans like you my dear FB92 seem as odious.

I know you love James Sassy but open your eyes to the fella - even Colombian National Team have seen through the fella.

There is a reason why he's only settled around Ancelotti and thats because Ancelotti indulges him.

Everton is and will never be a club who indulges one player. Only way we succeed is blood, sweat and tears from every single member of the squad.

So many football fans seem incapable of seeing the apparently invisible football skill - speed of thought. Because of having a brain and vision, knowing where you're going to play the ball before you receive it. To my eyes even managers struggle with this.

You keep talking about fitness but that's not the issue. James trains hard and takes care of his body, otherwise he wouldn't look this great. The issue is that he is prone to injuries and has weak calves, there is no much he can do about that.

View attachment 137537
It is not very wise to use low body fat as the only predictor of athletic fitness. There are far better predictors. There are many of these images on social media, but not many of them are particularly athletic. The club has fairly accurate statistics on the relevant metrics, and probably has a pretty good overview. Should it be the case that he is in very good shape, and injury-free, but does not bother to run, sprint and cover the necessary rooms on the field, then he has an extremely bad attitude.

Tbh I think the issue with James during the preseason, and at the moment, is motivation no fitness. I also think that Benitez is the one to blame for that as before his appointment James stated that he was staying and he wanted to work hard only for Benitez to arrive to tell him he wasn't on his plans and wouldn't count on him. When you don't have the managers confidence and you are told you will be sold then for players like James that need the full support of the manager then it is hard to find passion to play. But if he is not sold this season then him and Benitez better work things out for the good of the team because even if coming from the bench I think he could make a difference in some matches.

Nonsense that. No excuse for lacking motivation when you're getting paid £200k per week - zero excuses. I think Benitez has told him he won't be allowed to jet off whenever he likes or feels a bit tired.

He has perfected the art of sounding just like a kopite, and wanting all of the things that your average kopite would want for Everton but within the framework of a superblue. It is a special talent from a special type of person.

Status
Not open for further replies.