2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he ends up staying then we need to use him. Even if it’s from the bench, would be easily our best attacking option, Rafael and James might need to swallow their pride on this one.

I think it's why Benitez hasn't publicly said he's not in my plans and he will go. It was always he is our player until the 31st. I think they were well aware it could be he stays due to limited options elsewhere. I hope like you say if he is then they'll have a conversation and agree to do well until he does go in Jan or next summer.

It's all a huge if, and I'm not sure it's realistic. He was completely ineffective due to a combination of form and injury since the turn of the year. To be our best player then you have to be effective. He is simply not our best player. There is no evidence to back up that view point. It's a romantic opinion rather than factual.

If he wants to be the player he can be then it's all in his hands. It's up to him to show his commitment and get to full fitness. He is not going to be a pivotal player though in my opinion. He is a player capable of outstanding moments of quality and individual brilliance, but not a player who will control matches and perform on a consistent basis.
You keep talking about fitness but that's not the issue. James trains hard and takes care of his body, otherwise he wouldn't look this great. The issue is that he is prone to injuries and has weak calves, there is no much he can do about that.

Screenshot_20210831-105958_Original~3.PNG

You keep talking about fitness but that's not the issue. James trains hard and takes care of his body, otherwise he wouldn't look this great. The issue is that he is prone to injuries and has weak calves, there is no much he can do about that.

View attachment 137537
I'm a big fan of James, and I'm sure he does have genuine problems with his calves, but he does seem like he is one of those players that won't play even with a slight niggle, Delph is another one. Sturridge over at the RS got a rep for that and he's ended up struggling to find a club.

View attachment 137537

He's obviously in good shape, but he didn't look fit to me in pre season. His movement was pretty much non-existent when he played.

I'm a big fan of James, and I'm sure he does have genuine problems with his calves, but he does seem like he is one of those players that won't play even with a slight niggle, Delph is another one. Sturridge over at the RS got a rep for that and he's ended up struggling to find a club.
But don't the doctors make that determination not the players? Anyway, I'm not quite sure about that statement regardless, James has played injured before with the NT (according to his own account). My take is that he is a very competitive player and always wants to play, he wants to be part of the 11 players on the field as much as possible he just have calves made of glass :(

So are you now saying that the fact that his play is actually incisive and goal creating and of the very highest level, that the problem is not 'sideways and back passes' but the manager?

James is only any use when he's on the ball - We dont play possession based football

James is slow and Immobile - We play counter attacking football requiring pace

He's also weak defensively and isn't a team player hence why Benitez isn't having any of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.