2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ran the show v Sheff Wednesday aye. Similar level of opposition.

Would have been more useful to have as an option tonight but regardless, club are trying to get rid/he wants to leave/manager might not even have used him (a combination of all those 3). We shouldn't be happy about it though.
Sheffield Weds were one of the worst teams in the Championship. It was an FA Cup game and we had a close to full strength team out at home. He played well that time, yeah, but can point you towards many more occasions where he most certainly did not.

Sheffield Weds were one of the worst teams in the Championship. It was an FA Cup game and we had a close to full strength team out at home. He played well that time, yeah, but can point you towards many more occasions where he most certainly did not.
Point them out.

I've got Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Fulham at home, Man Utd away and Southampton away that he was definitively poor in. In the first two of those games he still created clear-cut chances that should have been put away.

Old Trafford, he was poor,playing with that calf injury in that mad diamond, and still scored a brilliant goal. Fulham at home was, IIRC, when Carlo decided to play all of our slowest central midfielders in the same position.

Point away

Should be interesting at least

I think the lesson here is that we e shouldn’t sign world stars until we are able to compete. You end up with a disillusioned player on the decline who think they are above the team. E’to is another example.
Said it once and say it again, would rather sign a 20 years from the championships team if the year then another big name mercenary.

Benitez chucking the club under the bus maybe? If jts FFP he'll be pointing the finger at that big elephant in the room (aka Brands) who has overseen signings that maybe we couldn't afford but no one wants to discuss.

It'll all come out in the end, it always does.
He will use it as his excuse when things inevitably turn crap for him.

We are owned by an accountant. Let's not pretend they didn't know what they were doing and what was going to happen when they signed him, and all our other players.

I think the lesson here is that we e shouldn’t sign world stars until we are able to compete. You end up with a disillusioned player on the decline who think they are above the team. E’to is another example.
Said it once and say it again, would rather sign a 20 years from the championships team if the year then another big name mercenary.

I've no issue with aiming high (we all wanted James and he's been class on the pitch). But it's having £100k a week average players that's the killer, not the glamour signing.

He is taking his time to make a decision...maybe he fancied a couple of weeks in the sun before turning away a move there at the last minute...

I've no issue with aiming high (we all wanted James and he's been class on the pitch). But it's having £100k a week average players that's the killer, not the glamour signing.
£100k a week = £5m a year which when you consider the cost of tranfers or even loan signings, it’s not huge. Difference is it’s going to the play and not another club.
I just want players that want to be here.
In all honesty after november last year, the football was terrible, the lack of fans probably gave him very little to fall in love with.

That's the problem. He is above the team. It's hard to admit, but Everton aren't relevant anymore.

Imagine being a top footballer, who's won loads of trophies, rocking up to a club like Everton, where the players celebrate when Tom Davies manages to do 5 keepy ups.

Ancelotti kind of made the point with his sly dig at us in his first presser for real. He basically said something along the lines of "for real Madrid, only winning is classed as success. At Everton, you finish 10th and they're happy"

You have to say that if whoever is in charge of the books/signing off transfers couldn't forecast that we might not be able to afford him this year then they need sacking. That said, his 90k-140k with add ons is in the ballpark of too many of our players. There are plenty ahead of James (still here) that should have never been given the wages someone agreed to and who should have been a priority to move on but Everton that.

1632298838409.png

I hope he goes today, had enough of him a quality quality footballer and probably a decent fella too, maybe as good as talent that has ever been in the premier league but but just had enough of the lad and he's finished at elite leve, the fact no one came in for him or took a chance on him and Colombia did not bring him to the Copa America says it all.

No issue with Rafael here. Come out and said it as it is.

"I don't have too much information. I know he is already there [in Qatar]. We have to wait.

"[It is] very difficult. Don't forget, we are talking about a special situation from this club, the financial fair play rules have to manage everything in the best way we can."

You have to say that if whoever is in charge of the books/signing off transfers couldn't forecast that we might not be able to afford him this year then they need sacking. That said, his 90k-140k with add ons is in the ballpark of too many of our players. There are plenty ahead of James (still here) that should have never been given the wages someone agreed to and who should have been a priority to move on but Everton that.

View attachment 139696

tbf like mate there's no way that is right. Some of it may be, but Tosun for one is nearing the £100k mrk.

I hope he goes today, had enough of him a quality quality footballer and probably a decent fella too, maybe as good as talent that has ever been in the premier league but but just had enough of the lad and he's finished at elite leve, the fact no one came in for him or took a chance on him and Colombia did not bring him to the Copa America says it all.

You seen Benitez's comments mate?

Please, direct your vitriol where it should be directed. That isn't at the player and, possibly, even at the manager.

Manager and player clearly don't see eye to eye. It does make the break easier. But the party pushing this all along has been Everton. Desperate to get his wages off the books. We've done it before, did it very recently with Rooney, where we acted like utter scum too (people didn't care though, it was Rooney after all (even though he was our top scorer the previous season).

And when you've got reputable journalists acting like they write a fanzine, failing to ask proper questions of the club, it makes it worse.

James clearly would rather have not been here once Carlo left but also, he is a well-liked squad member and only had a year left to run on his deal. He wasn't desperate enough to leave that he took a wage cut or wanted to go to Turkey on the same wages. It's now Qatar who have come in for him so his wage won't drop, but he's still in Doha and, as of right now, nothing has been signed after 3 days. Seems those reports that he was going to have to be convinced are very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.