2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have edited now mate. Forgot the Athletic get weird over it. There's no way they should be making sites black list tweets from their writers, man. If you put something on Twitter, it's out in the public domain.

Anyway, now I've paraphrased

Benitez chucking the club under the bus maybe? If jts FFP he'll be pointing the finger at that big elephant in the room (aka Brands) who has overseen signings that maybe we couldn't afford but no one wants to discuss.

It'll all come out in the end, it always does.

Benitez chucking the club under the bus maybe? If jts FFP he'll be pointing the finger at that big elephant in the room (aka Brands) who has overseen signings that maybe we couldn't afford but no one wants to discuss.

It'll all come out in the end, it always does.

This has always been more about the club than either manager or player to me.

It happens Benitez doesn't see him as crucial. I don't agree, but I get it. So it makes it easier to move James on in that sense. Also, I will say I truly believe James would rather not be here. But, he clearly wasn't that desperate or eager and by some accounts, isn't now. In fact, if talks are still ongoing, and he's been in Qatar for two days now, it would seem they aren't straightforward at all.

What I have issue with is the vitriol directed towards the player and it's been fuelled by media outlets that have pretty much become fanzines at times.

Players and managers fall out. I've been guilty of blaming Benitez but really my anger is with the club now, because if you move out any player when you can't bring them in, and it's a player of James' quality and you're simultaneously getting done by a Championship side when you've not won a pot for quarter of a century, then in my book questions need to be asked.

This has always been more about the club than either manager or player to me.

It happens Benitez doesn't see him as crucial. I don't agree, but I get it. So it makes it easier to move James on in that sense. Also, I will say I truly believe James would rather not be here. But, he clearly wasn't that desperate or eager and by some accounts, isn't now. In fact, if talks are still ongoing, and he's been in Qatar for two days now, it would seem they aren't straightforward at all.

What I have issue with is the vitriol directed towards the player and it's been fuelled by media outlets that have pretty much become fanzines at times.

Players and managers fall out. I've been guilty of blaming Benitez but really my anger is with the club now, because if you move out any player when you can't bring them in, and it's a player of James' quality and you're simultaneously getting done by a Championship side when you've not won a pot for quarter of a century, then in my book questions need to be asked.

100% mate, our problems run a lot deeper than hiring a manager whose best days were about 15 years ago. The direction, the vision, the people in charge of decision making at Everton are an absolute shambles.

He would've scored 20 tonight, just as he did against most crap teams last season.

He'd have run the show half fit, for 60 minutes, then you can bring Doucoure on etc

It's a moot point. He might not even have played if he was here. But he isn't, so whatever.

As assumed though, wasn't injured the other day, looks like it was a porky from the club

He'd have run the show half fit, for 60 minutes, then you can bring Doucoure on etc

It's a moot point. He might not even have played if he was here. But he isn't, so whatever.

As assumed though, wasn't injured the other day, looks like it was a porky from the club
Would he? He couldn't do it last season with a team set up to do his defensive duties, why would be be any better now?

Would he? He couldn't do it last season with a team set up to do his defensive duties, why would be be any better now?

He ran the show v Sheff Wednesday aye. Similar level of opposition.

Would have been more useful to have as an option tonight but regardless, club are trying to get rid/he wants to leave/manager might not even have used him (a combination of all those 3). We shouldn't be happy about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.