2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
People calling him a superstar or world class?

He had a great world cup that got him a move to Real. But since about 2016 hes been on a rapidly downward spiral. Real tried to offload him, Bayern tried him on loan and didnt fancy him.

Hes never been a world class player and was a superstar for a short time only after the world cup when at Real. He's been miles from that here and his commitment is woeful, he signed for the manager at the time, not the club.

Well, thats a lie.

They wanted to trigger the option and James asked them not to.

Brands has suffered from the constant hiring and firing of managers. Each new manager will have had favourites they wanted to bring to the club or as in the case of Big Sam he wanted a quick fix to help get us out of trouble and both signings became expensive failures.

CA signing James was the classic case of new manager dictating the players he wanted if he was going to become manager. Allan was another CA signing and neither Allan or James would be at Everton if CA had not come as well imo.
I expect that CA laid down some conditions if he was to manage the club and both of those signings were part of the deal I would guess Brands had no say and no part to play in their arrival.
Already been pointed out but that doesn't fit the agenda.

Yeah I mentioned before in another thread I feel some of the anger towards the manager/players is wrong tbh and should be directed more towards the board. the running of this club in recent years has just been catastrophic when you look at it. Too many people pulling in different directions and no clear plan imo.

I don't have any anger towards the players other than when they play crap.

I think Benitez has done an okay job so far but it's far too early to judge either way. I don't get why he's so happy for James to leave when we're so short of other options but it is what it is, he clearly doesn't rate him in terms of what he can/can't offer to his preferred system. It's fine, it's football. But the fact we're so desperate to get rid is on Everton. If we're paying some of his wage in Qatar, then that's just absolutely mental.

People calling him a superstar or world class?

He had a great world cup that got him a move to Real. But since about 2016 hes been on a rapidly downward spiral. Real tried to offload him, Bayern tried him on loan and didnt fancy him.

Hes never been a world class player and was a superstar for a short time only after the world cup when at Real. He's been miles from that here and his commitment is woeful, he signed for the manager at the time, not the club.
Id say he has world class ability 'on his day' which unfortunately has been one weekend out of 10 over the past 5/6 seasons.
In comparison i wouldnt level him as having the impact for example Bale has had over his career yet as a fanbase we wouldnt be creaming in our pants over Bale if he was here and he was providing the level of input/output James has.

Lads, there's been a pandemic and every club on the continent bar about 3 are skint as chips.

Now, whatever James is on here, whether it's 150k or 220k a week, whatever it is, no clubs on the continent can afford that.

So unless he took a wage cut - which he has no obligation to do - then it'd have meant Everton subsidising his wage.

It's not that clubs won't have wanted him. There was interest from Sevilla and Milan, but they can't afford those wages right now in the current climate, for a 30-year-old that, as good as he is, is playing max 30 games a season.

If people genuinely think modern footballers wouldn’t dance around the archaic idols you people keep mentioning then you really need to stop watching football. The game has moved on and these dinosaurs need leaving in the past.

I see it very similarly to the whole Brexit situation, people looking backwards not forwards. These people are holding the club back, pining for days and players of old and the new lot not fitting this bizarre ethos of the club. Get over it lads, it’s a whole different game now.

I don't have any anger towards the players other than when they play crap.

I think Benitez has done an okay job so far but it's far too early to judge either way. I don't get why he's so happy for James to leave when we're so short of other options but it is what it is, he clearly doesn't rate him in terms of what he can/can't offer to his preferred system. It's fine, it's football. But the fact we're so desperate to get rid is on Everton. If we're paying some of his wage in Qatar, then that's just absolutely mental.
Have you just invented that? How do you know he's not fuming that he has to let him go because James has got the wrong attitude and work-rate?

People just making stuff up to suit their own agenda is tiresome beyond belief.

If people genuinely think modern footballers wouldn’t dance around the archaic idols you people keep mentioning then you really need to stop watching football. The game has moved on and these dinosaurs need leaving in the past.

I see it very similarly to the whole Brexit situation, people looking backwards not forwards. These people are holding the club back, pining for days and players of old and the new lot not fitting this bizarre ethos of the club. Get over it lads, it’s a whole different game now.
James Rodriguez a player who doesn't even want to be here is a bigger Everton superstar than Dixie Dean, Alan Ball etc .........

WOW

I disagree; they would all be injured before half time if the rules of those 'archaic' times do apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.