2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuinely can't believe there's people desperately clinging to him at this point.

Clear as day he's not committed to Everton - so he has to go. There's no benefit to having this James Rodriguez at the club, even despite his undoubted talent. We really, really need to move on from these types of players whom'll only turn up when they feel like it - it's not good for the club in the long run.

Are you gonna name some bum from the past as well?
Whilst I agree with you that James is a divinely gifted player on his day, I'd wager bums like Alan Ball, Alex Young, W R Dean or Southall are all higher in the pantheon of players. In the premier league era, Rooney and Lukaku for starters are his superior.

Not that I'd worry much about it, as it's all about the here and now.

Good player, hopelessly mismanaged situation.

We banked on getting into europe last year to fill the shortfall somewhat. So in that regard, Ancelotti failed. We've allowed managers to constantly pick their favourite players and now we are stuck with a complete mess of a squad with players bought specifically for several different managers.

I don't understand how Brands is still in his position. To allow us to get into a position where we are so hamstrung in the market is completely unacceptable. His complete inability to sell players has left us in a terrible position. 20 and 30m players leave for free routinely at this club. It's totally unsustainable.
Brands has suffered from the constant hiring and firing of managers. Each new manager will have had favourites they wanted to bring to the club or as in the case of Big Sam he wanted a quick fix to help get us out of trouble and both signings became expensive failures.

CA signing James was the classic case of new manager dictating the players he wanted if he was going to become manager. Allan was another CA signing and neither Allan or James would be at Everton if CA had not come as well imo.
I expect that CA laid down some conditions if he was to manage the club and both of those signings were part of the deal I would guess Brands had no say and no part to play in their arrival.

Genuinely can't believe there's people desperately clinging to him at this point.

Clear as day he's not committed to Everton - so he has to go. There's no benefit to having this James Rodriguez at the club, even despite his undoubted talent. We really, really need to move on from these types of players whom'll only turn up when they feel like it - it's not good for the club in the long run.
It's anything to blame Benitez, last year under Carlo he was ruling himself out of our games and still jetting off with Colombia, constantly being asked to come off the pitch when we were getting beat, it was all rather sickly.

People calling him a superstar or world class?

He had a great world cup that got him a move to Real. But since about 2016 hes been on a rapidly downward spiral. Real tried to offload him, Bayern tried him on loan and didnt fancy him.

Hes never been a world class player and was a superstar for a short time only after the world cup when at Real. He's been miles from that here and his commitment is woeful, he signed for the manager at the time, not the club.

I don't think it's a case of "clinging" as such, it's more a case of (if the move goes through) it will be another player gone with no viable replacement thus making a small and limited squad even more limited. It's just poor, poor recruitment all round whether it's Brands/Manager/ or from Boardroom level. We just seem to be run in such an amateur way it's shocking.

People calling him a superstar or world class?

He had a great world cup that got him a move to Real. But since about 2016 hes been on a rapidly downward spiral. Real tried to offload him, Bayern tried him on loan and didnt fancy him.

Hes never been a world class player and was a superstar for a short time only after the world cup when at Real. He's been miles from that here and his commitment is woeful, he signed for the manager at the time, not the club.
He's the best player in the history of the werld tho lad

Status
Not open for further replies.