2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I would hazard a guess that the most active threads on United forums are Ronaldo related.

You can argue the toss about who is or isnt the most popular global player, but on any measurement, they are both up there.
Ronaldo is probably wanted by the manager. They have very little to debate.

The gist here for nigh on 300 pages (despite the player not kicking a ball) is essentially 20/30 people getting more and more entrenched in their positions on Team James or Team Manager.

Weird.

eeh... we have a world class player who's injury prone and on a huge wage.
That was known when we signed him. World Class? Yes.
An indulgence for Ancelotti? Without a doubt.
No one is sure what his future is.
I wish we did
He was brought to the club by one of the best managers in the world
A long time ago maybe. Topping up his pension since players called him out at Bayern.
only to have to work under a manager who doesn't want him
He's the manager, he will have to justify not using an incredibly expensive asset it to those higher up. I wouldn't worry about it tbh.
also that manager was, up until a few months ago, hated by nearly every Evertonian.
Irrelevant
And now there's rumors that Everton will pay him 100k a week to play in turkey!
Not unheard if, when a business has been run terribly for several years any form of cost cutting has to be considered. It's not unique to professional sports.
I mean, sure, we could be talking about how down to earth Andros Townsend seems.
Nothing to discuss.

Cheers.

Of course it's relevant, it shows us that we are capable of challenging for Europe, bar the abysmal finish. If the manager is the perfect man for the job as seems to be the recurring theme by a few deluded posters, I'll expect Europe given he has more to work with than what Ancelotti did.
Did we win the "close to Europe with 5 games to go trophy" or did we finish 10th?

The final position is the ONLY thing that counts. It's how seasons work.

Hmmm…and he also would have lost him after just one season due to that ‘cold’ approach had it not been for some Liverpool gangsters. Wouldn’t have been quite the same success story then, would it?

Actually Gerrard was looking to move before Benitez came and he said that Parry wasn't forthcoming with the contract and cos biscan and Hamman got sorted before him he was offended.

It kinda backs up the fact that Gerrard was a huge ego.

Going to be a very valuable member of the squad if he and Rafael can put their differences aside.

Will be a great option to call on when we are struggling to break teams down and against the big clubs when we need a moment of quality (see Derby win at Anfield)

How can I be wrong about a player who has completely abused this football club? I dont get to be wrong on that now.

Mate over the last 5 years there must be 20 worse culprits than James for abusing the Walsh/Brands driven Moshiri cash cow.

Other than trying to get a reaction you lose credibility by pushing it so hard.

He didn't cost a transfer fee, he's scored some goals and offered some assists. He has a positive profile and hasn't dragged the club through the gutter. If the worst he's done is act the eejit saying he doesn't know who we are playing then that's a long way off the crimes of many.

Benitez has a history of cold shoulder or freezeout antics with players, only to use them regularly as important members of the squad.

It's a risky tactic he plays in order to knock them down a peg in their squad hierarchy, effectively reducing their chances of poisoning the atmosphere and increasing their output on the field.

It's a highly risky, 'blink-first' tactic, and genuinely 50/50 with how the James sketch works out. It looks like they're playing amenable with each other on the training ground though. We'll see.

Mate over the last 5 years there must be 20 worse culprits than James for abusing the Walsh/Brands driven Moshiri cash cow.

Other than trying to get a reaction you lose credibility by pushing it so hard.

He didn't cost a transfer fee, he's scored some goals and offered some assists. He has a positive profile and hasn't dragged the club through the gutter. If the worst he's done is act the eejit saying he doesn't know who we are playing then that's a long way off the crimes of many.
First of all it was a £20M fee; he left the club at the end of last season when the team still had a chance of European qualification to go home; he has no 'positive profile' for us - he uses his social media platform to tell his followers that he has no idea who the club that pays him a king's ransom play the following day.

You and others might want to brush all that under the carpet but most Evertonians dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.