2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As clear as day we need him.

There’s no argument Dave, you lost.
lol

It doesn;t feel like I lost today, tbh.

If we'd have had James on the pitch there today we'd have had an unwilling worker and Southampton a goal up and chasing us back to our own half.

We cant afford his lack of athleticism. Great passing at times, but he is a luxury we can well do without.

Get shut and fund a RB into the club. That is the smart move.

lol

It doesn;t feel like I lost today, tbh.

If we'd have had James on the pitch there today we'd have had an unwilling worker and Southampton a goal up and chasing us back to our own half.

We cant afford his lack of athleticism. Great passing at times, but he is a luxury we can well do without.

Get shut and fund a RB into the club. That is the smart move.
We would have been 3 nil up by the 30th minute

I feel James is less useful if we can’t control a game. As the problem with Iceland, sometimes you just need freakin pace. Townsend and Gray were a welcome change today.

Looked far a better side every time he wasn't on the pitch in pre season and cruised to a 3-1 win without him. Tara to "the greatest everton player ever"

I love James, but the way we set up today needs 11 athletic players and he wouldn’t be able to do what our attackers all did today.
Last season we had games where Gomes, Sigurdsson and James were all the pitch and I much much preferred today when the quality was less, but the performance was more.
I’m absolutely gutted I probably won’t get to see him live as he’s an incredible player but he needs to be in a team that’s controlling the ball and breaking down a tough defence whereas it looks like this season we’re going to be all action and outfight the opposition.

I love James, but the way we set up today needs 11 athletic players and he wouldn’t be able to do what our attackers all did today.
Last season we had games where Gomes, Sigurdsson and James were all the pitch and I much much preferred today when the quality was less, but the performance was more.
I’m absolutely gutted I probably won’t get to see him live as he’s an incredible player but he needs to be in a team that’s controlling the ball and breaking down a tough defence whereas it looks like this season we’re going to be all action and outfight the opposition.

There is a reason no bugger wants the "best player of all time".

If we are going to play 442, I'm not sure where he plays. That means he would be an impact type player, but I don't know if we can justify keeping him for that.

I think we need to make a decision on him this week. There is no point delaying it.

In an ideal world we fit him in around better players but there aren't any easy answers here with this squad. It's like we aren't good enough to get the best out him.

Ideally, there are other ways to save on wages than letting him go, but let's see what happens. I expect him to be elsewhere by Sepetember, and that's ok if we actually strengthen key positions like right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.