2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short memories here

it’s almost as if we didn’t win any matches with him playing

and as if it wasn’t injuries that derailed our season last year
Love James, top class player. But i think a lot peoples concerns are we going to scrap the plans the way Benitez wants us to play to facilitate him or what. I for one hope he can fit into the plans without sacrificing the plan for the season. We shall see.

Yeah. I’ve a mate who works in Paris for a big accountancy firm and said all that shirt sales thing is a myth. After all the manufacturers and retailers take their cut the club only gets a percentage which isn’t that great.
perhaps but isn't the majority of the money the Club gets from shirt sales not paid up front when the manufacturer signs a deal with them to licence the shirts? That amount would be based on the number of shirts they expect to sell, with the Club getting a bigger cut of the sales after that threshold is reached?

Top 8 with a £1.5m spend lol

Wake up lad he's here until BMD is built at the minimum and rightfully so if he continues getting the squad playing like they have been.
L7WevLy.png

Top 8 or higher lad. No excuses.

Love James, top class player. But i think a lot peoples concerns are we going to scrap the plans the way Benitez wants us to play to facilitate him or what. I for one hope he can fit into the plans without sacrificing the plan for the season. We shall see.
what ever plan is that.. please don't worry FSW will not play james and he is not included in that plan.

Benitez is bomb proof. Great start to the season; system working. The fans see that. They also see that he was handed £1.8M to sustain the plan he has for a season. They know where any blame lies if or when we start flagging this season.
You only have to read this thread to see what he faces. Benitez might not like it but James is a player that many are behind and see as our best player. If Benitez handles this without care, he'll get roasted and I would not be surprised to see Goodison turn on him should he appear to be acting unreasonably and the results/play is going against him. In fact, it is a cert. It could be the catalyst for his undoing. Let's hope not as that would mean we have a head-wrecking run of results ahead coupled with the joy of Benitez acting in a pig-headed manner, but he has been there before.

It's years of paying big bucks for players and getting sod all back that's done us.

Pretty much. If you run a business in such a way that your investments decline to zero value in the worst cases, and at best break even, for a long enough period of time your business eventually fails. Investors eventually decide to quit throwing good money after bad.

The good news is that we got such a large injection of up-front capital that the club can survive the mistakes and start heading in the right direction.

Top 8 with a £1.5m spend lol

Wake up lad he's here until BMD is built at the minimum and rightfully so if he continues getting the squad playing like they have been.

I thought our first 11/squad we have now is stronger than it was last season and we have a better manager than Ancelotti, so if that's the case should we not expect to better last season's 10th placed finish?

Club have tied themselves in knots with this one. The pair of them need clear the air talks and a fresh start. Unfortunately I think both have too high an opinion of themselves to do that.

Is that all that matters?
Your post is everything that is wrong with this whole farce.
He can say what he wants, play when he wants but the James cheerleaders just want to see him play live……it’s utter madness.
Why don’t we trust the manager and not a player who didn’t want to be here the moment Ancelotti left.
You'd rather we played the other options of Iwobi, Gordon. I base this on the assumption that Townsend will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.