2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made up if he stays NEA

Our best player, he seemed happy enough last season when he was playing, get fit and get him in the team and we are a far better team for it.

If he stays and we don't play him that would be the most stupidest thing we have done in a while, and we do a lot of stupid things

He simply isn't our best player. DCL and Richarlison are far more important and effective players for us.

Too much overhyping of the player in this thread. He's not make or break, because we cannot rely on him to be available.

Interesting stat, Opta point out that Rodriguez is one of just three midfielders in Europe's top five leagues who have racked up over 50 goals and 50 assists since the 2013/14 campaign.

The Colombian international has in that time scored 54 times and assisted 52 goals. A remarkable return.

Former Madrid team-mate Angel Di Maria and ex-Tottenham star Christian Eriksen are the only midfielders to have done more - with Di Maria scoring 83 goals and completing 54 assists.

He simply isn't our best player. DCL and Richarlison are far more important and effective players for us.

Too much overhyping of the player in this thread. He's not make or break, because we cannot rely on him to be available.

He is our best player on a technical level. Look at the chances he created last season, his quality on the ball.

Not our most important player (at least not now), but definitely in terms of quality the best at the club.

Now, if he goes he goes. If he stays we have to use that quality in some capacity and he has to be motivated.

I am very comfortable with the idea of James being here and used in a rotation role with Townsend, changing our system and style depending on who we're playing.

Interesting stat, Opta point out that Rodriguez is one of just three midfielders in Europe's top five leagues who have racked up over 50 goals and 50 assists since the 2013/14 campaign.

The Colombian international has in that time scored 54 times and assisted 52 goals. A remarkable return.

Former Madrid team-mate Angel Di Maria and ex-Tottenham star Christian Eriksen are the only midfielders to have done more - with Di Maria scoring 83 goals and completing 54 assists.

Doesn't run though la

Made up if he stays NEA

Our best player, he seemed happy enough last season when he was playing, get fit and get him in the team and we are a far better team for it.

If he stays and we don't play him that would be the most stupidest thing we have done in a while, and we do a lot of stupid things
I wouldn't, personally like.

I do like the guy as a player when he's on it, but it's clear to me that he's a bad fit for this new system.

Plus he just cannot stay fit. We need consistency above all else and he kinda throws that out of the window.

So how when he signed, he was on 120k,... Now were trying to sell him he's on 200k??

I do find this very frustrating.

Everton clearly briefed last year that it was around the 120k mark.

Now, when we needed rid and to show how bad the finances are, they started briefing he was 200k.

It's easy to know when it's a club brief as well, as the reporters all put in the same figures.

I'm pretty certain it'll be around somewhere in the middle of the two figures. I did say last year I'd have been surprised if he wasn't on at least 150k.

I wouldn't, personally like.

I do like the guy as a player when he's on it, but it's clear to me that he's a bad fit for this new system.

Plus he just cannot stay fit. We need consistency above all else and he kinda throws that out of the window.

If he goes and we get quality in, all for it. It's best for all parties.

If he stays, he stays and should be used in accordance with, not at the expense of, our new system

I know anything can happen on deadline day but from the outside he looks more likely to stay than leave.

The club want him gone probably more than Benitez. It just so happens Benitez doesn't really play a system that James is suited to (though James could drop in to games and be a real asset).
I don't understand why people can't grasp this. And used sparingly his fitness shouldn't be as big an issue either.

I still half expect him to go but if we're subsidising a big portion of his salary I think it's stupid.

since 2013/14 to now composed 8 season and more than half of that time James is a benched player in RM.
Great stats and wonder if he can play 50+ plus games a season... unlucky he has a calf made of thin ice..

Status
Not open for further replies.