2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Everton could sign a superstar of world football, try to offload him, and fail. We suck!
Another explanation is that JR is no longer a superstar, but a player who once had great potential that was never fully realized. Now he is an ok player - who lives on the past, who struggles with injuries and motivation, and who is relatively expensive to pay.

Another explanation is that JR is no longer a superstar, but a player who once had great potential that was never fully realized. Now he is an ok player - who lives on the past, who struggles with injuries and motivation, and who is relatively expensive to pay.
While he may not be at his best, he's more than an 'okay' player.

How can we really expect him to shine for us when we play for nicking a 0-1 away from home and dour football to go with it. He shone for us at the start of last season when we played cavalier attacking football, then we stopped.

How can we really expect him to shine for us when we play for nicking a 0-1 away from home and dour football to go with it. He shone for us at the start of last season when we played cavalier attacking football, then we stopped.

The players that we had doing that, or allowing the team to do it, got injured didnt they? Seems years ago that.

A guy who is a big girlie. Unable to play in a tough league. Doesnt want to play when it is to cold, rainy and to windy! Prefers to play playstation and stay at home with mama but does like the dollar.

He's our best player, and only real creative spark.....the main problem we had last season wasn't his injuries, it was the fact we had nobody to replace him when he was out...

I'd happily accept James playing 50% of our games again this season, but with a good young player to step in in his absence...

The other problem we had, was we didn't have a Right back who could properly link up with James down that side....was a time when a James/Coleman partnership down the right would have been out of this world, but sadly that's not where we are...

Ability wise he’d walk into clubs above us, and the reason he is not at those clubs is the reason a club like us could get him.
We are a up and down club, the club a player is at on there way up or on there way down.
At the moment we seem to be getting more of the latter.

He's our best player, and only real creative spark.....the main problem we had last season wasn't his injuries, it was the fact we had nobody to replace him when he was out...

I'd happily accept James playing 50% of our games again this season, but with a good young player to step in in his absence...

The other problem we had, was we didn't have a Right back who could properly link up with James down that side....was a time when a James/Coleman partnership down the right would have been out of this world, but sadly that's not where we are...
without him in the team and Valdermort missing we are down to Iwobi for creative spark!

yeah lets get rid of him, that makes sense.......

That's the dream scenario for any manager, isn 't it? A player who barely participates in 50% of the training sessions and matches. It does not become very easy to create a cohesive team, and you never know when you can trust the player to play. When this player is also among those who earn the most on the team, then this is not very good for team morale either.

Personally, I hope JR gets in shape, and gets his injury problem in order, and can be an important contributor for Everton. Because I do not doubt that he is a good player - not among the very best - but still a very good player, but there is no point in prioritizing him over others if he is not in shape, struggling with injuries, and motivation.

That's the dream scenario for any manager, isn 't it? A player who barely participates in 50% of the training sessions and matches. It does not become very easy to create a cohesive team, and you never know when you can trust the player to play. When this player is also among those who earn the most on the team, then this is not very good for team morale either.

Personally, I hope JR gets in shape, and gets his injury problem in order, and can be an important contributor for Everton. Because I do not doubt that he is a good player - not among the very best - but still a very good player, but there is no point in prioritizing him over others if he is not in shape, struggling with injuries, and motivation.
can you name an instance where James was prioritized over your Sig while James is not in shape?
Or can you accept the fact that James is miles better than Sig even if James is not in shape..... you have to move on now.. James will be gone anytime now...
enjoy your Sig... oh but only after his suspension ended.. good luck!

can you name an instance where James was prioritized over your Sig while James is not in shape?
Or can you accept the fact that James is miles better than Sig even if James is not in shape..... you have to move on now.. James will be gone anytime now...
enjoy your Sig... oh but only after his suspension ended.. good luck!
First and foremost, I'm an Everton supporter, not a JR or Gylfi supporter. Do not know why you mention Gylfi in this debate. I have not mentioned him. My point is that it is only natural for managers to prioritize players who are largely injury-free and in good shape. Then it is much easier to develop a team, create a collective cohesive unit. It gives far more points over a season than what a single player can manage alone.

I hope stays and is used in the number 10 position, and is the focal point of our attacking play.

If he plays it has to be on the right. There is no way we are able to accomodate a traditional no.10 and two strikers (Richarlison and DCL).

The only way we can accomodate him is out wide in a 433 with a midfield 3 behind him.

The no.10 playmaker role is outdated and has no place in the modern premier league. You need flexibility with pacy players who can play across the front line. No good side plays with a no,10 anymore.

If he plays it has to be on the right. There is no way we are able to accomodate a traditional no.10 and two strikers (Richarlison and DCL).

The only way we can accomodate him is out wide in a 433 with a midfield 3 behind him.

The no.10 playmaker role is outdated and has no place in the modern premier league. You need flexibility with pacy players who can play across the front line. No good side plays with a no,10 anymore.

spot on

creativity in teams like Chelsea and City comes from 'number 8s' (Mount, KDB, Gundogan etc), or narrow forwards (Foden, Mount, Havertz at the back end of last season in Tuchel's 3-4-3).

The only team that plays 4-2-3-1 with a 'traditional' 10 is Man Utd and Fernandes isn't the traditional 10 really, he's dynamic enough to get about.

It's system that doesn't work unless you have enough dynamism and we don't have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.