2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
he does pose a conundrum for the next manager

James is clearly an exceptional baller, but he can not stay fit

so, whoever it is needs to get the best out of him, without building the system around him as we can't rely on him

(as long as he stays that is)

If he does stay it's the same issue that we already had.

He is a wonderful player, but he wont always be available, he is also worth keeping around even for 20 games a year or whatever, the key is that we need someone else who can fill in for him when he is not available. Someone who will be able to provide pinpoint passes out of nowhere or great technique when striking the ball. The issue is not Rodriguez himself but the absolute dearth of ability we have to cover for him (or indeed play with him, we can have more than one quality player!)

He's not staying is he?
Carlo has shattered all of our dreams. This year is a classic, bigger than ever 'Everton, THAT!' slap in your face rollercoaster of what it's like to support Everton.
We just can't enjoy ourselves without seeing it all come crashing down. Mediocre, middling Everton under Moyes, with a few small highs, was less stressful, less enjoyable but at least the pulse was steady.

Carlo indulged him because they were mates whoever comes in might not be so soft
Maybe that would be a good thing.

I have a genuine belief that if we appoint someone that convinces him to stay, if we can get him into the side and if we can sign a few players to compliment him, he could be even better than this year.

It now seems apparent that Ancelotti was maybe not as invested as I and many others had believed, and he thought that a couple of quick fixes in James and Allan would be all he needed to close the gap. Maybe having a manager who is genuinely interested and actually has a plan would get the best out of a player who is lightyears ahead of anything we've seen at this club for decades.

Honestly, I think only 16 year old Rooney comes close to his level. He is a genuine x factor. If we can get the right man in to take us forward and gets James playing, then getting screwed over by Ancelotti might all have been worth it.

Maybe that would be a good thing.

I have a genuine belief that if we appoint someone that convinces him to stay, if we can get him into the side and if we can sign a few players to compliment him, he could be even better than this year.

It now seems apparent that Ancelotti was maybe not as invested as I and many others had believed, and he thought that a couple of quick fixes in James and Allan would be all he needed to close the gap. Maybe having a manager who is genuinely interested and actually has a plan would get the best out of a player who is lightyears ahead of anything we've seen at this club for decades.

Honestly, I think only 16 year old Rooney comes close to his level. He is a genuine x factor. If we can get the right man in to take us forward and gets James playing, then getting screwed over by Ancelotti might all have been worth it.
Not sure that James knows what a Graham Potter is unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.