2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
….no idea of the figures, but even at £90k per week I doubt there’ll be a queue of takers.

Im sure he will have loads and loads of offers, that wage is tiny, its £50k net, and mid-table players get that in Spain, Italy and Spain.

Add the massive coverage from his social media foot-print. Free or low fee, and that wage. No brainer for so many clubs.

He came to them injured, spent a while out.

Also, their are prob more than 20Clubs in the world bigger than us....loads would take him.
Would they ? For 20 odd games a season it would be a gamble, wonder how many of them would take it, after all one them gave us him for free, think about it. Some might, I think the majority of them wouldn't though, considering his age, me i'm just going to enjoy his talent while he's still here.

Would they ? For 20 odd games a season it would be a gamble, wonder how many of them would take it, after all one them gave us him for free, think about it. Some might, I think the majority of them wouldn't though, considering his age, me i'm just going to enjoy his talent while he's still here.

Well, to me he has played around about exactly what I expected him to play.

Have to have been under a rock if you dont know his injury history, its why he is cheap.

Well, to me he has played around about exactly what I expected him to play.

Have to have been under a rock if you dont know his injury history, its why he is cheap.

Yeah know all about his injury history, think I mentioned it in my last post. Point I'm making is would the bigger clubs accept that, great player, but I don't think the vast majority of the top clubs would indulge that myself.

Yeah know all about his injury history, think I mentioned it in my last post. Point I'm making is would the bigger clubs accept that, great player, but I don't think the vast majority of the top clubs would indulge that myself.

Yes maybe not the top /top clubs....but how many of them are their ?? 6-8 ??

What about the other 20 ? Loads would.

He's 29, not 40!

A bigger club could afford to have him on their books and only available for half the games as they would have someone else who can play when he doesn't. We have nobody in our squad who can get near to what he can do on the pitch.

He's 29, not 40!

A bigger club could afford to have him on their books and only available for half the games as they would have someone else who can play when he doesn't. We have nobody in our squad who can get near to what he can do on the pitch.

He's not the healthiest 29 though is he, probably the only reason Madrid gave him to us on a free transfer.
Agree with the second part, we haven't anyone close to replacing him, but again, the likes of City / United can afford top class players, who can play more than half a season.

Im sure he will have loads and loads of offers, that wage is tiny, its £50k net, and mid-table players get that in Spain, Italy and Spain.

Add the massive coverage from his social media foot-print. Free or low fee, and that wage. No brainer for so many clubs.
If he is that valuable to mid-table clubs in Spain or Italy why he isn't twice as valuable for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.